how accurate is your .22 rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how accurate is your .22 rifle?

So i have been playing around with marlin 60 today trying to tweak my scope a bit. The hits at the lower end of the target are with the first mag. The ones at the higher end are with the second mag and the scope one click higher. Im just curious if this is the best i can expect from a 100 yds with bulk ammo and a cheap simmons 3x9x40 scope. Or should i keep tweaking it to get a better grouping?

Your sniper skills need work.

Comment

10 rounds out of a brand new 10/22 with a Primary Arms red dot...

at 15 yards.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        10 rounds out of a brand new 10/22 with a Primary Arms red dot...

at 15 yards.
        Nice. But how was is it at a 100yds?

Comment

It's tough to keep .22lr in a tight group. You really have to play the wind, and be patient. As a rule, you shouldn't be moving the scope settings around to tighten a group up. You should be working on fundamentals, breathing, etc. No detail about what you're doing is too small to pay attention to, in that scenario.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

X2 on what yale said and the bulk stuff is junk if you're trying to shoot groups.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Who needs to shoot a .22 more than once? Those rounds can just rattle around on the target and group inside the 9 ring 20 times or so. Just like shooting a threat in the toe, bouncing off every vital organ, then exiting out his ear lobe.

DON'T fuck with the .22!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                It's tough to keep .22lr in a tight group. You really have to play the wind, and be patient. As a rule, you shouldn't be moving the scope settings around to tighten a group up. You should be working on fundamentals, breathing, etc. No detail about what you're doing is too small to pay attention to, in that scenario.
                Sort of like what it takes to hit a 12" gong at 200 yards with a suppressed bolt gun, with subsonic ammo, and a 20+ mph wind?
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                  Nice. But how was is it at a 100yds?
                  Haven't had it out that far yet, but I would imagine that it will do ok.

Comment

Sort of like what it takes to hit a 12" gong at 200 yards with a suppressed bolt gun, with subsonic ammo, and a 20+ mph wind?
                    That's unpossible
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      That's unpossible

Comment

Pfft. I did it open sights.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The trick to shoot good groups is using burst mode and a ransom rest. I find that if you can get off all 3 shots in your string in 1/8th of a second the wind doesn't really matter.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            The trick to shoot good groups is using burst mode and a ransom rest. I find that if you can get off all 3 shots in your string in 1/8th of a second the wind doesn't really matter.
                            Just like NASCAR. Bullet 2 and 3 benefits from bullet 1 cutting a path through the wind.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              Just like NASCAR. Bullet 2 and 3 benefits from bullet 1 cutting a path through the wind.
                              Exactly, they are drafting eachother.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X