Granite hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granite hookup

Anyone have someone down in the Waxahachie area? Wanting some installed should be a really easy job. Only an island and a single countertop with a sink cutout.

Do you need fabrication? Installation? Material and install?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Island i'd buy premade to save some money then send out bids with specs to different granite places to get the best deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
        Island i'd buy premade to save some money then send out bids with specs to different granite places to get the best deal.
        Eh, it is EXTREMELY easy to set. You just need a few friends. Set it, level it, and epoxy the underside.

Fab and install is going to run you, typically $25/sq ft. That is providing your own slabs. Some people charge less $$/sq ft but will charge per sink hile cutout.

I have some take outs that are already cabinet depth so very minimal fab work needed. Best bid I have got is a $25/sq ft flat fee (includes sink cutouts)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought about going prefab and cutting it myself but haven't done if and don't want to throw money away. If i went the prefab route could I still get a sink cut out for the regular countertop?

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
            I thought about going prefab and cutting it myself but haven't done if and don't want to throw money away. If i went the prefab route could I still get a sink cut out for the regular countertop?
            I've seen a few places offer it but it will be an overhang where you see the sink vs having the granite cover the sink corners. And the size was 90" with a sink right in the middle.

Comment

Most pre-fab places are going to want your sink when they fab your tops so that they can cut the hole accurately.

I am taking pre-fab to mean that you go down to a local granite supplier and say hey, I want granite in my house. You pick your slab, they come out and measure your cabinets, and they fab the tops off of those measurements.

Comment

I don't currently have a sink (taking the current one out) so that shouldn't be an issue assuming I'm buying one they have.

Comment

I thought prefab means already made ready to sell. fab meant just cutting a normal design. Custom meant you had like a corner sink or something weird like a hole for a hot water pot filler.

Comment

We used Elite Granite Interiors out of Garland and were very pleased. 52" long piece for a bathroom sink installed ran $450, and that included them cutting the sink/faucet holes and mounting the under mount sink. I'll be using them again when the kitchen cabinets are finished.

Leah and Craig recommended him. He just did their bathroom and kitchen as well, and I know they were very pleased with the work and price.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I thought prefab means already made ready to sell. fab meant just cutting a normal design. Custom meant you had like a corner sink or something weird like a hole for a hot water pot filler.
                      Hmm I was under the impression that prefab just meant they already had a slab cut to 96" (or however long) x 25" and that they could still cut holes for it. Like it was made in the normal sized counter tops for the DIY type people. I could be wrong though....

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      We used Elite Granite Interiors out of Garland and were very pleased. 52" long piece for a bathroom sink installed ran $450, and that included them cutting the sink/faucet holes and mounting the under mount sink. I'll be using them again when the kitchen cabinets are finished.

Leah and Craig recommended him. He just did their bathroom and kitchen as well, and I know they were very pleased with the work and price.
                      I saw the pics he posted in the other thread and thought it looked pretty good. Do you have their info? I couldn't find them on google.
                      Last edited by jewozzy; 03-08-2016, 12:05 PM. Reason: phone #

Comment

Ask for Alex. (469) 544-4009
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

$50/sq ft doesn't seem too bad. When you look at $25-35/ sq ft just for fab work, plus an additional charge per sink hole.

I get sticker shock, because I see it from a large builder stand point.

Reading through all of this, I am SO glad I got my tops for free and will only have to pay fab cost!

Comment

Hmm I was under the impression that prefab just meant they already had a slab cut to 96" (or however long) x 25" and that they could still cut holes for it. Like it was made in the normal sized counter tops for the DIY type people. I could be wrong though....

I saw the pics he posted in the other thread and thought it looked pretty good. Do you have their info? I couldn't find them on google.
                            This 112 x 26 countertop has a(n) straight or rectified edge, is made from granite and features a polished or high gloss finish.Floor & Decor offers a variety of

prefab where you can just pick it up same day 112x26. Make your own cuts ( not hard if you can hide the cut marks) and drop it in diy.

Comment

https://www.flooranddecor.com/counte...z=12&start=110

prefab where you can just pick it up same day 112x26. Make your own cuts ( not hard if you can hide the cut marks) and drop it in diy.
                              The only way I am DIY'ing granite is if I am using a top mount sink. It would be a real B to get the hole to look proper when doing an under mount.

Also, Remember, that shit is heavy. I think floor and decor sells 2 CM granite, which is 12 lbs/sq ft. If it is 3 CM it is closer to 18 lbs/sq ft.

Comment

Working...
                              X