Pool replaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool replaster

Is there an avg price per ft or how is replastering priced? Its a pita to scrub almost every day and where the plaster Is pitted it always looks dirty in those areas.

Asking this is like asking how much does it cost to paint my car. There are too many unknown variables to be able to give an accurate answer.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Asking this is like asking how much does it cost to paint my car. There are too many unknown variables to be able to give an accurate answer.
      x2

If you want just plain old white plaster you are probably in the 2-4k range depending on a lot of factors

If you want to go more fancy with an exposed aggregate finish or something else then plan on 5-8k

Comment

I understand it's hard to ask as a whole job that's why I asked if there was a general price by the ft.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
          I understand it's hard to ask as a whole job that's why I asked if there was a general price by the ft.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'll end up spending $10k this fall on a re-plaster, tile work, coolcrete (?) and a re-do of the surrounding landscape stone work. Shits expensive, although I've only had one quote so far. I'll get a few more before I commit.

Comment

while on this subject is it better to do it in the fall before i close it up or in the spring?

Comment

Anyone have experience with pebbletec? Seems like a longer lasting product

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                  Anyone have experience with pebbletec? Seems like a longer lasting product
                  The rough texture provides a place for algae to grow and it is over priced crap.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                    The rough texture provides a place for algae to grow and it is over priced crap.
                    Whats the a better looking longer lasting product vs regular plaster?

Also do those glass tiles work good on just steps or would it not look good by themselves against plaster.

Comment

Also do those glass tiles work good on just steps or would it not look good by themselves against plaster.
                      Diamond brite/exposed aggregate will be your best bet if you want a longer lasting finish plus its just as smooth as regular ole plaster...Pebble tech/sheen will be the longest lasting of any pool finish but like svo said, its expensive and can promote easier algae growth due to its rough texture...but with good flow, filtration and a nice cleaner its really not much of an issue

Comment

Durazzo or Diamond Brite are personal favorites of mine and are very durable. You put tiles on the steps so you can see the steps better although I do take care of a few pools that are completely tiled.

Comment

do we have a member on here that does this kind of work?

Comment

Working...
                          X