DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:40 PM   #121
CWO

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs13 View Post
Give it a few years. Some attorney will sue the marijuana growers like they did the tobacco companies. You can't inhale any "smoke" and it not cause an issue at some point at some level.
Luckily marijuana/cannabis doesn't have to be smoked in order to receive the benefits. Topical, sublingual, edible, etc. Surely everyone doesn't think that the thousands of children with seizures of all kinds that have been saved by cannabis have been smoking it...

This thread has primarily been about smoking. I think we all can agree that putting smoke in your lungs is probably not good. I'd be surprised if anyone can name a substance that wouldn't be harmful in the form of smoke in your lungs. My stance has never been that the act of smoking doesn't cause harm, I smoke cigars, I know how it works. It's been shown that long term cannabis smokers have 7% less lung capacity over their lifetime vs someone that doesn't smoke cannabis. A stat someone could bring up in argument against cannabis, but people would rather just play word games and name call.

My position this entire time, and the same point that some are struggling with is that marijuana/cannabis does not cause cancer, specifically lung cancer, and has actually been shown to reduce some cancers. Anyone can look it up. No one has ever died from a cannabis overdose, also lookupable. Don't believe me? Look it up. It's not up to me to convince anyone of anything, especially here. That's literally never happened.

All of that being said, it is very difficult to regulate what goes into cannabis and how it's grown. Did the grower use RoundUp? Fuck, you may get cancer just because of that factor alone. What strain is it? Is it high in CBD? High in THCa? Indica or Sativa? Grown outdoor? Indoor? What light source? Nutrients? Additives? Insect control? All of those things affect the potency and composition of each flower, each time it's grown. My point is still the same.

I grew up my whole life against weed. I did the research and found out there is more much more to it. I highly suggest everyone do the same and try to lose the stigma, it affects people differently, and some don't like it, cool. Some claim it makes people lazier and lose ambition, I kinda agree to some degree. I feel it makes the person that is already lazy and struggles with ambition, worse. It's not for everyone. Some people abuse it, it's human nature.

We won't even get into the legal side of things, but how crazy is it that there are people in prison for 10 years because they had a bag of weed on them, a substance that literally cures cancer (lol). It's insane.
CWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:47 PM   #122
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Just to clarify...I'm not against consuming maryjane in some forms, but I think smoking it should be treated just like tobacco smoke. We made a lot of progress in reducing smoking rates...I hate to see it surge again and spur on a whole series of lung disease related deaths.

As you mentioned...edibles, topicals, etc should be looked at as more favorable and smoking should carry a big fat warning.

I've lost 2 family members in the past 5 years from smoking related lung disease. It's a very slow and painful process...
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #123
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

^^^

Very well said Tim. As is the usual around here, you will get the shit stirrers, the shit tossers and the holier than thou crowd, along with the feeble minded.
Everyone has a vice, some drink to much alcohol, some smoke to much (weed, cigs and vape) and others suck to much cock. Whatever it is that people do, is their business, as long as its not affecting my life, fire that shit up, pop that bottle or glow that oil, in the end does it really matter...

Last edited by Rick Modena; 08-14-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #124
Stephen
Extremely custom title

mixed baby boy middle names
Old 08-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #125
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tx Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
^^^

Very well said Tim. As is the usual around here, you will get the shit stirrers, the shit tossers and the holier than thou crowd, along with the feeble minded.
Everyone has a vice, some drink to much alcohol, some smoke to much (weed, cigs and vape) and others suck to much cock. Whatever it is that people do, is their business, as long as its not affecting my life, fire that shit up, pop that bottle or glow that oil, in the end does it really matter...
You've also become more moderate yourself in the last few years. I think we're all, or most of us, are "growin up". regardless of age

I've smoked cigs and weed, haven't touched the latter in almost 20yrs, but my back and knee pain now have me seeking alternatives to scripts and otc meds. On top of that, I'm no longer workin where random UA is a thing and live where it's legal. Just got to partake in moderation...
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:58 PM   #126
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO View Post
Luckily marijuana/cannabis doesn't have to be smoked in order to receive the benefits. Topical, sublingual, edible, etc. Surely everyone doesn't think that the thousands of children with seizures of all kinds that have been saved by cannabis have been smoking it...

I never disagreed with this.

This thread has primarily been about smoking. I think we all can agree that putting smoke in your lungs is probably not good. I'd be surprised if anyone can name a substance that wouldn't be harmful in the form of smoke in your lungs. My stance has never been that the act of smoking doesn't cause harm, I smoke cigars, I know how it works. It's been shown that long term cannabis smokers have 7% less lung capacity over their lifetime vs someone that doesn't smoke cannabis. A stat someone could bring up in argument against cannabis, but people would rather just play word games and name call.

This is correct and my only argument with you. I think I have been pretty clear that no smoke is good for you. I am just not picking on weed but one day they will be like big tobacco. Fire fighters are learning this the hard way and look at all those soldiers coming back from Iraq that did the burning. Just because there has not been enough studies, to many coincidences on that shit. Where there is smoke....................

My position this entire time, and the same point that some are struggling with is that marijuana/cannabis does not cause cancer, specifically lung cancer, and has actually been shown to reduce some cancers. Anyone can look it up. No one has ever died from a cannabis overdose, also lookupable. Don't believe me? Look it up. It's not up to me to convince anyone of anything, especially here. That's literally never happened.

But you are not clear on this, if you are saying CBD and what ever, then I have an open mind. Not smoking it. Although if you are talking edibles, just remember that shit is weighed as a whole!

All of that being said, it is very difficult to regulate what goes into cannabis and how it's grown. Did the grower use RoundUp? Fuck, you may get cancer just because of that factor alone. What strain is it? Is it high in CBD? High in THCa? Indica or Sativa? Grown outdoor? Indoor? What light source? Nutrients? Additives? Insect control? All of those things affect the potency and composition of each flower, each time it's grown. My point is still the same.

Tru dat

I grew up my whole life against weed. I did the research and found out there is more much more to it. I highly suggest everyone do the same and try to lose the stigma, it affects people differently, and some don't like it, cool. Some claim it makes people lazier and lose ambition, I kinda agree to some degree. I feel it makes the person that is already lazy and struggles with ambition, worse. It's not for everyone. Some people abuse it, it's human nature.

I did not grow up my whole life against it. Some of my relatives specifically moved to where it is legal and got the medical cards. Older people with some sort of issues all ready. I say if it helps them make it though the day, go ahead. Like I said I have dealt with a lot of chronic users before and maybe they were already not very ambitious, maybe not. All were not my repeating criminals though. I am talking, smoking all day, every day.

We won't even get into the legal side of things, but how crazy is it that there are people in prison for 10 years because they had a bag of weed on them, a substance that literally cures cancer (lol). It's insane.

Maybe a brick, or they got their shit revoked for the 20 other crimes they did and got popped. I am a huge fan of criminal justice reform, FYI. I thought about going to work for one of those big ass reform places but most of those include way to liberal SJW's and I can't get on board with all of that shit. I have a little to much toxic masculinity for some of those places.
WTMF? It is mad I moved the quotes!

Last edited by kingjason; 08-14-2019 at 03:04 PM.
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #127
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
^^^

and others suck to much cock.
I love to suck cock, probably more than ruffdaddy, hell i'm sucking a cock right now

Last edited by Rick Modena; 08-17-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Gasser64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:43 PM   #128
cool cat
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser64 View Post
i love to suck cock, probably more than ruffdaddy, hell i'm sucking a cock right now.
lmfao!
cool cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:16 PM   #129
lowthreeohz
lol wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser64 View Post
i love to suck cock, probably more than ruffdaddy, hell i'm sucking a cock right now.
lmao
lowthreeohz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:02 PM   #130
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
I love to suck cock, probably more than Ruffdaddy, hell I'm sucking a cock right now.
Bwahahahahha!
Old 08-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #131
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

You fuck with the Bull, you get the COCKasaurusmex!

That moron is on the cusp of joining Rodnaynay in the smack...
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:45 PM   #132
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Quote:
You fuck with the Bull, you get the COCKasaurusmex!

That moron is on the cusp of joining Rodnaynay in the smack...
I think that edit was a challenge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190815-204332.jpg (9.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 08-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #133
Samhain
shirt of violent green

Quote:
Anyone can look it up. No one has ever died from a cannabis overdose, also lookupable. Don't believe me? Look it up. It's not up to me to convince anyone of anything, especially here. That's literally never happened.
I didn't go to weed college or anything but the blood level in this case was deemed lethal.

https://www.local10.com/news/nationa...s-thc-overdose
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:43 PM   #134
Craizie
Not very WOKE
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
I didn't go to weed college or anything but the blood level in this case was deemed lethal.

No one other than the coroner believes that though.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:36 PM   #135
Chas_svo
86 SVO 344rwhp 'n gaining
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
No one other than the coroner believes that though.
"National Institute of Drug Abuse also disputes the findings, saying there has never been an adult attributed to THC."

Thankfully they proofread their writing...or maybe they were stoned?
01 TJ - new toy (gone)
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold, 3/21/13
Chas_svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:22 PM   #136
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas_svo View Post
"National Institute of Drug Abuse also disputes the findings, saying there has never been an adult attributed to THC."

Thankfully they proofread their writing...or maybe they were stoned?
Ahahahha!
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #137
CWO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post

lofuckingl

One case on the entire planet since the beginning of time, and you don't find that suspicious. This further proves my point. I appreciate the fact you took the time to look it up though, thank you for that. I really do feel sorry for folks like you, even though you'll say I shouldn't, I can't help it.

I wonder how many people have been using THC around the world and for how long? Would you say in the millions/billions? You found one though, congrats LOL
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #138
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

You've been proven wrong on both of your "factual" claims and now you just sound like a lunatic.

Stop making false claims and chill man. For an addict you sure care a lot about what other people say....isnt that stuff supposed to calm you down?
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM   #139
CWO

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
You've been proven wrong on both of your "factual" claims and now you just sound like a lunatic.

Stop making false claims and chill man. For an addict you sure care a lot about what other people say....isnt that stuff supposed to calm you down?

You are right, I was proven completely wrong.

Ruffdaddy was right. I was wrong. My fact was also proven wrong.

You win!
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM   #140
Samhain
shirt of violent green

Quote:
lofuckingl

One case on the entire planet since the beginning of time, and you don't find that suspicious. This further proves my point. I appreciate the fact you took the time to look it up though, thank you for that. I really do feel sorry for folks like you, even though you'll say I shouldn't, I can't help it.

I wonder how many people have been using THC around the world and for how long? Would you say in the millions/billions? You found one though, congrats LOL
I really just did a search and it was the third result. Do I believe it? No. Just thought it would get some amusing responses.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfwbabylungs, dfwstr8edge, i am cornholio!!!, nay #1 polesmoker, nay=white dik addict, redneck faps in church, ruff cnc'd cockbong 4 nay, svo has own strand, svo invented hydroponic, u need more 'shrooms bro, youusesvocockasbong