Weed use can lead to kidney failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWO View Post
    Fact. Weed smoke has never given anyone, ever, in the history of time, lung cancer. Not once. It has also never killed anyone from an overdose. Not once, ever.

Another thing, most people that smoke weed that don't have ambition while they smoke didn't have ambition before they smoked.

Also see: Reefermania

Lastly, it's not for everyone. Just like lobster or roller coasters... And that's okay.
    Spoken like a true pothead. All of yall are the same...and your research is in line with that of the antivaxxers.

Do you really expect enough people to openly admit to breaking the law for scientific tests to be conclusive in that weed DOESNT cause lung cancer? And even if you're magically right...it causes a whole host of other lung diseases.

I dont believe you know what a "fact" is.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      I was talking about people mixing weed and Xanax not a comparison of the two.
      Yes, I realize that. My point is that if someone is doing Xanax, weed isn't going to do squat. Any funky stuff you see from them would much more likely contributed to abusing Xanax, and not smoking weed.

I was also stating I can recognize a chronic weed smoker like I can an alcoholic. Another words, too much of either has effects on folks they don't see but everyone else does.
      There are TONS of extremely professional, successful, healthy, ambitious people who smoke weed every day, and you wouldn't know, unless they told you. You can see it with some folks, but certainly not with all of them. If you think you can, you're giving yourself way too much credit. And as I've mentioned before, the ones who are obvious "potheads" are the same folks who already would be dopey, whether on weed, or something else, or just lazy/dumb in general. The weed isn't really the core issue to blame.

Also if you put a 1.5 inch exhaust on a blown, nitro car, wouldn't you hate on the exhaust for making the car slow?
      WUT?

Comment

Now lets not go calling people any names here. Even Hightimes says smoking pot can't be good for your lungs. A lot of the articles defending smoking it are from a study out of the University of California from 2012. I think now that it is legal in areas we will see more interesting studies.

Here's everything you need to know about this crucial and controversial topic.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
          There are TONS of extremely professional, successful, healthy, ambitious people who smoke weed every day, and you wouldn't know, unless they told you. You can see it with some folks, but certainly not with all of them. If you think you can, you're giving yourself way too much credit. And as I've mentioned before, the ones who are obvious "potheads" are the same folks who already would be dopey, whether on weed, or something else, or just lazy/dumb in general. The weed isn't really the core issue to blame.
          Lol this is what they all say...but we can definitely tell. Much like functioning alcoholics think it doesnt have an impact...when someone is impaired you can always tell.

I'm not disagreeing that highly successful people smoke weed daily. I have some friends that do...but just like all the other alcoholics and potheads...they think they're sly when everyone else can see right through those glassy dead eyes.

It amazes me that some people literally cant go a day sober.

Comment

I would agree that smoking weed can't be good for the lungs. No filter, and the whole idea is to inhale deeply and hold it in. The only saving grace over cigs is that most people aren't smoking 20 joints a day, whereas a lot of cig smokers are smoking a pack a day, or more.

It is what it is. I don't think it's a cure for lung cancer. That's crazy talk. I also happen to believe that at least some of the medical benefits that get touted are a little far-fetched. But that's just my opinion, and I'm not a scientist or anything, so whatever. I do believe it can help with seizures, nausea, appetite, and pain, to a degree.

At the end of the day, if folks want to identify and praise any medical benefits, that's fine, but I don't think that needs to be the reason for legalizing it. I just think adults should have the freedom to get stoned recreationally, if they want.

Comment

yadda yadda yadda ...

At the end of the day, if folks want to identify and praise any medical benefits, that's fine, but I don't think that needs to be the reason for legalizing it. I just think adults should have the freedom to get stoned recreationally, if they want.
              So you dont have a problem with antivaxxers either?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Lol this is what they all say...but we can definitely tell. Much like functioning alcoholics think it doesnt have an impact...when someone is impaired you can always tell.

I'm not disagreeing that highly successful people smoke weed daily. I have some friends that do...but just like all the other alcoholics and potheads...they think they're sly when everyone else can see right through those glassy dead eyes.

It amazes me that some people literally cant go a day sober.
                Eh, again, you're just giving yourself too much credit.

Comment

So you dont have a problem with antivaxxers either?
                  Huh? Nothing I said has anything to do with anti-vaxxers. Putting words in someone else's mouth is not a very effective way to get a point across.

I don't agree with comparing anyone who claims there are medical benefits of weed/CBD to anti-vaxxers. That's some far-fetched nonsense (and yet another ineffective way to get a point across).

Part of the "yadda yadda yadda" in my post above was that I do believe there are some undeniable benefits.

My main point, stated yet again, is that I don't think it should really matter whether there are medical benefits to it. It should be legal, even for people who simply want to get stoned.
                  Last edited by jluv; 08-12-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Eh, again, you're just giving yourself too much credit.
                    No, I'm just not an addict...I dont expect a pothead to see the world the same as I do. Anyone who smokes daily is easy to spot.

Huh? Nothing I said has anything to do with anti-vaxxers.
                    Touting fake health benefits and ignoring the real medical dangers is exactly what youre doing. You said you have no problem with other potheads praising the health benefits...you also stated it's a fact that no one has ever gotten lung cancer from pot. That's no different than recommending essential oil vaccines to prevent autism from real vaccines.

Comment

No, I'm just not an addict...I dont expect a pothead to see the world the same as I do. Anyone who smokes daily is easy to spot.
                      The funny thing about that is that when you can't spot one, you wouldn't know that you failed to spot them. Meaning, you could be around someone and have no idea that they smoke daily, and you'd keep going around thinking you have some superpower for spotting them. Ignorance is bliss, huh?

Touting fake health benefits and ignoring the real medical dangers is exactly what youre doing.
                      Nope. You must have me confused with someone else.

You said you have no problem with other potheads praising the health benefits...
                      That's not exactly what I said. I said "people", not potheads. There are plenty of people who don't use pot or CBD at all, who identify and praise certain benefits. And ya, if that's what they want to do, I don't personally have a problem with it. If you go back and read what I said, there was also a "but", which lead to my main point about how it should just be legal for people who want to get stoned, and the medical benefit thing doesn't need to be a factor.

you also stated it's a fact that no one has ever gotten lung cancer from pot. That's no different than recommending essential oil vaccines to prevent autism from real vaccines.
                      You definitely have me confused with another poster in this thread.

I'm not one of the people going around saying weed should be legal because it cures stuff, or even suggesting that smoking it is perfectly safe. I clearly stated otherwise, but all you seem to get from it is "yadda yadda yadda". Are you stoned? lol
                      Last edited by jluv; 08-12-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I think I meant liver for alcohol! There is no way that you could possibly believe that inhaling any type of smoke on a daily basis is good for your lungs. How about I just say lung disease. Do you work for Winston? The cigarette people said that for how many years? Random burning of anything and standing around can be hazardous to your health.

I asked every employer I came in contact with in Colorado how the legalizing of weed thing has gone. Got the same answer across the bored about lack of ambition and the people that have been attracted to Colorado. Could just be a millennial thing though. I am not a war on weed guy and I do believe there could possibly be some benefits for people with certain issues. But lets be honest it does not cure cancer!

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/sm...ng-health.html
                        Just so you are aware, nowhere in the article you posted does it say that marijuana causes lung cancer. Still a fact.... and Still zero deaths. Stop comparing it to alcohol.

Comment

you also stated it's a fact that no one has ever gotten lung cancer from pot. That's no different than recommending essential oil vaccines to prevent autism from real vaccines.
                          That was me.

And that's a strawman.

Comment

This shit can be Googled, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                              That was me.

And that's a strawman.
                              Correlating the danger of fake health benefitt and real health risks is a strawman?

You dont know what a strawman is do you?

Just like you dont know what a fact is.

Comment

Correlating the danger of fake health benefitt and real health risks is a strawman?

You dont know what a strawman is do you?

Just like you dont know what a fact is.
                                strawman
                                an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X