Gun Safes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a few cheap safes.

If I were to do it again, I might get a few military storage cabinets and call it good.

Comment

I'll take one of each of those storage cabinets please.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post

The best tip I have is to take the door off of whatever you buy while moving it. It will make it a couple hundred pounds lighter.
        This is why external hinges are better, door opens further and you can take it off. My big one has internal hinges and the door only opens to 90 degrees which doesn't seem like a big deal in the store, but get it in a small space and it sucks.

Comment

Set a budget

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
            We cut 1” thick steel at work with a quickie saw so I’m sure you could cut open the highest of dollar safes with one.
            When at that Garland store, they had a bank vault with thicker steel than I could ever afford. I can't remember the details, but what I took away from that was that they got into it pretty quick.

I would buy a Graffunder if I was a baller. Also in that store they demo'ed how you cannot fit a business card between the door and the rest of the safe...etc and they just look sweet. Think they were in the 10K range.

Protect your valuables with secure safes and vault doors from Graffunder.

Upside is less prying locations, but of course at that point they just cut.

I see safes built half as good as those at price ranges that are getting close to that price. I'll pay extra for thicker steel, better warranty of contents/the safe itself, better construction (tiny gaps as with the Graffunder), better bolts, better locking mechanisms...etc.

However, most safes I see around you're paying for paint, size (which is reasonable) and general cosmetic features. Have to weigh how much paint and non-functional features matter to you price wise.

I will say the 1 feature/add-on that I think is a requirement is a door organizer. Really opens up the safe for you and makes things easier to find.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by txstangnut View Post
              Amsec or Sturdy
              I’m happy with my Sturdy safe.

Comment

Working...
              X