AutoAuctions.io

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoAuctions.io

If anyone ever wants to see past auction history for a car coming across copart or IAA, let me know. I have an account with these guys now which provides a bit of insight.

Feel like I need to give back for the free carfaxes and advice (most of it crap!) from you losers.

I've been considering a rebuilder project myself.... but it appears the salvage auctions and copart or IAA is no place for a novice buyer like myself.

Great offer of service... may take you up at some point.

Thx mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
      I've been considering a rebuilder project myself.... but it appears the salvage auctions and copart or IAA is no place for a novice buyer like myself.

Great offer of service... may take you up at some point.

Thx mardyn
      I'm not a rebuilder either, per se.

I am watching several auctions today that a "no license required" buyer like me can bid/buy. Two are hail salvage, run great have under 100k miles, just older years

One is a salvage as well due to "mechanical". The thing looks new! Paint is super shiny, interior brand new.

Sounds like it is running off one cylinder so I am thinking coil packs/plugs/wires. It won't stay running without a jump pack, so battery is shot or alternator. Either way, I am more comfortable working on engines than body panels.

Once body damage happens, I am out. But happy to supply info anytime.

Comment

if I had the room, I'd love to play the salvage auction game. but I'm full up over here.
        I'd love to get my hands on a wrecked S550 ecoboost for the drive train.

Comment

it's amazing how much detailing these guys will do now on crashed cars to sucker you in..............
          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
            it's amazing how much detailing these guys will do now on crashed cars to sucker you in..............
            Yes, I agree... a big part of the salvage auction game is trying to clean up & minimize the damage (appearance) in order to maximize the bids and sales price.

Gotta be really careful with your selections for rebuilds.

mardyn

Comment

Haha I watched a YouTube vid on Cletus McFarland where they were gonna buy a trackhawk but after looking at it they found lots of hidden damage

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                Haha I watched a YouTube vid on Cletus McFarland where they were gonna buy a trackhawk but after looking at it they found lots of hidden damage
                samcrac is another good to watch to see the ins and outs of salvage buying at auctions. He's done everything from trucks to vettes to Ferrari 360 and an R8.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                  Yeah brotha! Cleeeetus. He is fun to watch. And that episode is an eye opener about the scams some people pull through CoPart. AutoAuctions.io saved his butt on that.

I like how he learned his lesson with that 5.3 truck engine in his vette.

But he and a channel called Auto Auction Rebuilds (up in OKC) have taught me some very valuable lessons, mainly - go look at the car.

I ended up bidding on and buying a 2007 Corolla CE with 95K. Salvage due to hail, yet there are hardly any dents on it.

This was owned, no doubt in my mind, by an elderly woman. It has the famous scratches/impact marks on the rear quarter panels from not being able to back out of a garage correctly. My grandmothers 2001 Buick Century had the SAME DAMAGE. Interior is mint - original owners manuals - smells very neutral inside ("sniff test")

But this is going to my Niece who has a Jeep Cherokee with a cracked head and needed a replacement car.

Got it for $3700 OTD, Carfax estimates retail is $5200 even with salvage title, KBB is more realistic at around $4500.

Service records show the A/C compressor and R134 were replaced 2,000 miles ago (right before it was totaled out by insurance) and it has brand new tires on it. Not a bad buy in my mind.
                  Last edited by IHaveAMustang; 08-09-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

That Ferrari 360 SamCrac is doing is a real POS.... but he'll no doubt get it sorted out eventually.

mardyn

Comment

Working...
                    X