Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    I know a guy in Greenville that may be able to repair it for you
    Does that guy get them running like new? I'm turning blue from having to blow into and every damn game. I'm not 8 anymore so this shit ain't easy

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
      Does that guy get them running like new? I'm turning blue from having to blow into and every damn game. I'm not 8 anymore so this shit ain't easy
      Buy a can of compressed air you fool! Or go grab one from the supply room. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Buy a can of compressed air you fool! Or go grab one from the supply room. Duh.
        Ha ha. I have another problem also. I can only find one game, and 2 are needed in order to make it work. You gotta stick the 2nd game in there or else when you hit power it just blinks.This thing could use an overhaul.

Comment

OMG that had me rollin'. DFWM members old enough to the point that we get winded blowing out old game cartridges that we use compressed air. Next we'll be wearing oxygen masks while hanging out at Sonic in our Hoverounds while still smoking and talking trash.

Comment

If you just need a new 72 pin connector installed, I can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
              He has ran a couple of video game shops and done a good deal of console repair. I will mesaage him and see if he still has the facilities and time to do it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

For those that don't know...blowing on NES games can accomplish one of two things:

1) If there's dust blocking the contacts, this can get rid of the dust so the game and console make good contact (most know this one)

2) If the contacts have shit on them that can't be blown off (i.e. rust, dirt, grime, etc.) the moisture from your breath improves the contact between the game and console.

Summary: Just break the console open and clean off the contacts.

Comment

The design of the NES with pushing the cartridge down causes the connector to "wear out". The pins get bent down and stop making good contact with the cartridge. You can open the console and bend the pins back up one by one with a needle or buy a new connector and replace it. It's really simple and should resolve any issues when the NES just blinks instead of playing the game. You can use a pink eraser to the clean the cartridge to make sure it makes a good connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    Laptop is dead huh, describe dead.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
                    Dead. It froze up trying to load a page and I hit it about 7 times across the keyboard and it shut down completely. When I went to turn it back on, it said no OS loaded. I tried to load a copy of Vista on it and it is showing zero memory available and zero OS on it
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      Dead. It froze up trying to load a page and I hit it about 7 times across the keyboard and it shut down completely. When I went to turn it back on, it said no OS loaded. I tried to load a copy of Vista on it and it is showing zero memory available and zero OS on it
                      Sounds like you introduced the writehead to the platter. I would think a new hd, assuming you disnt sever the hd/mobo link.

Comment

You just said words I don't understand. This is what I did:

This is what happened:

Comment

LMFAO!

a
                          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

That's pretty much how I got my umbilical hernia too. Thinking I was Hulk.

Comment

If it's not in pieces like that, it may be salvageable.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

No, cosmetically it looks fine. I'll take a picture of the start up screen when I get home tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X