No announcement yet.

Anyone use frog lube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, I hope my shit isn't going to explode.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Here is my .22 upper. This was all done with q tips and a microfiber towel, no cleaners.

That is clean as hell.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Good write. I still haven't cleaned my lot from the last Sandpit trip. Took a paint brush to the outside just to get the fine sand off of them but put them right into the safe. BUT now that I have my gun benches in the back room I can buckle down and clean them all next trip. I guess I need to order up some Frog Lube. Right now, my chemicals consist of a whole range of brands and stuff. It would be nice to narrow it all down to just one.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Good write. I still haven't cleaned my lot from the last Sandpit trip. Took a paint brush to the outside just to get the fine sand off of them but put them right into the safe. BUT now that I have my gun benches in the back room I can buckle down and clean them all next trip. I guess I need to order up some Frog Lube. Right now, my chemicals consist of a whole range of brands and stuff. It would be nice to narrow it all down to just one.
          Here is what I bought:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Froglube-Paste-Cleaner-Lubricant-Protectant/dp/B004FOV89E/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1399092030&sr=1-1&keywords=frog+lube[/ame]

Cheap, especially if you have amazon prime. $12 to your door. I'll keep testing it, but so far I got all 3 guns done in about an hour. It usually takes me a complete night to do them all.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Here is what I bought:

Cheap, especially if you have amazon prime. $12 to your door. I'll keep testing it, but so far I got all 3 guns done in about an hour. It usually takes me a complete night to do them all.

Thanks. Time is already hard to come by so freeing up that kind of time is a huge plus for me....and my guns.

Comment

Well chit, looks like I am going to have to go get some from juice.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                Well chit, looks like I am going to have to go get some from juice.
                Sold out

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Hey after you heat up the components and lube then, do you wipe the shit off, or leave it in there?
                    Good write up. Might have to give this stuff a try. Did you wipe off the excess or just leave it on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
                      Good write up. Might have to give this stuff a try. Did you wipe off the excess or just leave it on there?
                      I wiped it off. Even with wiping it off, when I started to shoot the gun and it heated up, I could see it was wet inside, so it's still staying in there. I believe half the reason the guns are staying cleaner is due to the fact they are drier, and powder/debris isn't sticking to them.

I will say that although frog lube seems to work great on stainless steel components. On anodized aluminum, it takes a little more work to get it off. On my .300blk gun, I had to scrub the side of the receiver with a brush to get the carbon just behind the barrel extension. I'm not sure if this was preexisting and I missed it the last time I cleaned it, or if it was from this last shooting session. Considering I only fired about 30 rounds through the gun, I would think it was preexisting.

Basically, on stainless dirt/lead just wipes right off, no problem. On aluminum it takes more time and pressure.

To really put it to the test I'm going to run 1,000rds of .22 through my upper and do a before and after test. Both for ease of cleaning, crap buildup, and lubrication performance. The reason being my .22 upper is really dirty, and it heats up with auto fire, and eats lube like crazy. Usually during an extended shooting session it will need to be re-oiled about 2-3 times. So it's a regular event that it will eventually jam, and need lube. If frog lube is truly better, I should be able to pick it up easily.
                      Last edited by CJ; 05-03-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Was searching the forum on cleaning threads.

CJ, is froglube still a good product in your opinion? Did you do the 1000rd test and what were the results?
                        sigpic

Comment

It works well. For pistols and low round count guns I think it's great. For machineguns frog lube burns too quickly, I always ended up using standard lube to keep them going.

Comment

Milcomm ftw!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X