frustration level plad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    This is where salaried sales positions come in handy. Some days I wish I was commissioned, some days I'm glad I'm not. July numbers will come in somewhere between the 4th and 9th, and I'm fairly confident they will translate to 4 heads on the chopping block.

One felt the heat and turned in notice Monday. Another one turned in notice yesterday. One was a shock, one wasn't really a fit and was probably 1st on the list to go. Probably a bit of panic overreact since the numbers aren't in yet, but, I guess this is as good of a time to clean house as any.
    So, you're hiring?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      So, you're hiring?
      Hell no!
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        This is where salaried sales positions come in handy. Some days I wish I was commissioned, some days I'm glad I'm not. July numbers will come in somewhere between the 4th and 9th, and I'm fairly confident they will translate to 4 heads on the chopping block.
        I was given a solid piece of advice back in the date, that stuck with me, and that's to live on your base, and let commission be the gravy. There was a point where I had decided to allow our monthly bills to be high enough that commission was required to make ends meet, and it was exponentially more stressful. Not making commission suck, but not making a car payment sucks worse. heh

To do so does require a position with a higher base, which can limit earning potential to a degree, but also mitigates a bit of risk, and quality of life is worth more imo.

Comment

I get to find out on the morning what the cut to my commission is going to be.
          Did Justin buy another truck? When I worked at the Fort Worth store he'd get a new truck every couple of years and a week later they'd cut commissions. Didn't matter if it was Greenleaf, Pick N Pull or LKQ. His birthday is in two weeks so it's about that time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Did Justin buy another truck? When I worked at the Fort Worth store he'd get a new truck every couple of years and a week later they'd cut commissions. Didn't matter if it was Greenleaf, Pick N Pull or LKQ. His birthday is in two weeks so it's about that time of year.
            New GT convertible.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

New GT convertible.
              It's his fault, make sure he knows it. He probably can't even fit in the thing unless the top is down.

Comment

Well found out today that the new owner does want me after all. So I may keep my job. Turns out the old company was either misinformed or telling a lie.
                either way, for now at least the paychecks will keep coming. Still keeping my options open though.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats and hopefully things keep looking up?

Did they can the slob?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    Well found out today that the new owner does want me after all. So I may keep my job. Turns out the old company was either misinformed or telling a lie.
                    either way, for now at least the paychecks will keep coming. Still keeping my options open though.
                    Good for you man. We just went through a little turmoil at the city and had me eyeballing alternatives. Getting to old for this shit!
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      Good for you man. We just went through a little turmoil at the city and had me eyeballing alternatives. Getting to old for this shit!
                      I heard a little bit about that.

Comment

I heard a little bit about that.
                        Everyone was holding hands, skipping down the isle, praises everywhere in December....................then holy fuck the car came off the rails. I try to stay out of politics just for that reason.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Still no bonus though? Good deal either way, if you like what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Still no bonus though? Good deal either way, if you like what you do.
                            We got our bonus, that was a while back now. I do like what I do, but am not sure what it's going to be like next week. I'm also not sure about pay,job duties, or hours. lol New owner talked to me and my boss yesterday and was adamant about wanting us to keep on as we are, and that he's excited to keep us. So there's that...
                            Big hurdle is that we will be starting from scratch when they flip the switch. We have to set the whole program up from account numbers, to shipping and delivery, set prices, and then go back and try to get all our old customers back. This should be interesting and fun, yet terrifying and completely stressful. Also every one of our competitors has been frothing at the mouth ready to pounce on all of our accounts the moment we are sold. Oh and two of the 4 of us are headed to a competitor Monday (one of them being the dirt bag from my "can't stand my coworker" thread). I'm actually really happy about never having to work with him again.

But hey, if this all goes to shit, I was already going to be out of a job once this week, this is just a hail marry to keep me out of the soup line. lol

Comment

Change can be scary, so I do understand your trepidation, but this is all 100% upside imo. A good piece of advice I was given early on is that it's much easier to find a job when you have a job, and for several reasons. If this new role/set of expectations turns out not to be a fit, continue to polish up that resume, and be looking for your next opportunity. In the meantime continue to collect your checks, learn what you can, and mentally practice interviewing.

The new company is trimming the fat, you've been proven valuable, so shine to the new management, and see where it leads to.

Comment

Looks like I'm out on my ass fella's. anyone want to hire a short fat white guy who looks 12? lol
                                Was going to say that Epstein might be looking, but he is no longer in the market.

This year has been shitty. While numbers may not be in recession territory yet, it's coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X