Shooting the M16 @ 200 yards today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting the M16 @ 200 yards today

Had some fun at the range, just sat down and shot ammo until it got dark.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Very nice! That thing is a laser. What range (location) were you guys shooting at?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
      Very nice! That thing is a laser. What range (location) were you guys shooting at?
      JCSSA in cleburne, private range.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ah...gotcha. Had a buddy of mine talking about doing IDPA stuff out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
          Ah...gotcha. Had a buddy of mine talking about doing IDPA stuff out there.
          yep, they do it all the time, including this saturday. Great time to collect brass.

Comment

Damn man, you shoulda hit me up. I met my sister at Winchester so she could practice with her .38 snubbie (second time ever shooting it). I also ended up talking her into shooting my AR (her first time ever shooting a rifle) and shooting the Mosquito (which she loves).
            Her first ever attempt at shooting a rifle:

My target (rapid fire, 30 rds)

Her shooting the mosquito (she's a helluva pistol shot):

(that's the closest the degenerates around here are going to get to a pic of her)
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Nice shootin
              WRX

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post

(that's the closest the degenerates around here are going to get to a pic of her)

Dammit! L O L
                First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

CJ Are u talkin bout the range out past the soccer fields ? I lived off that road for years .
                  The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                    Damn man, you shoulda hit me up. I met my sister at Winchester so she could practice with her .38 snubbie (second time ever shooting it). I also ended up talking her into shooting my AR (her first time ever shooting a rifle) and shooting the Mosquito (which she loves).
                    Her first ever attempt at shooting a rifle:Her shooting the mosquito (she's a helluva pistol shot):

Look at Scott holding out. Not speaking for myself but there are some good souls on this board. hahaha

CJ ringing a gong at 200 with open sights looks like a great time. But I will be impressed when you post up the video doing that with your 10/22.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      Look at Scott holding out. Not speaking for myself but there are some good souls on this board. hahaha

CJ ringing a gong at 200 with open sights looks like a great time. But I will be impressed when you post up the video doing that with your 10/22.
                      I want to try that!

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post

Sheeeeeeit. I tried. Results were less than impressive. I think if I tried harder I could do better.

The ammo I was using is probably the culprit, 50 year old remington. I was getting occasional hits with nearly no variation of shot placement.
                        Last edited by CJ; 04-03-2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
                          CJ Are u talkin bout the range out past the soccer fields ? I lived off that road for years .
                          Hmm I'm not sure. It's off 67.

Comment

Nice shooting CJ. I'm awaiting the arrival of a Savage 93 TR in .17 HMR from Ray's Sporting Goods, I wonder how well it shoots out to 200 yards.

Today was a nice day to shoot for sure. Myself and some friends went out to Elm Fork. Very nice range, clean and the staff is friendly.

Shot the AR15, Remington bolt action 308 and for the first time, an AK47, S&W Sigma 40, and S&W BodyGaurd 380 Auto.

Comment

Working...
                            X