Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full body scanners waste of money expert says he can get explosives past them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year my sister made it from ATL to DFW with a loaded glock 9mm magazine in her carry on backpack by accident. They even hand inspected the back and never noticed it. She was unpacking at the house when the mag dropped out onto the floor. "that explains the hand search but not why they never found it". TSA at its finest.

And to think I am actually considering a job with them because A) it is a job B) it pays well
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      I am unsure if the new scanners detect non metallic objects like plastic. I don't think they do. I know one glaring problem with the old system was weapons made out of resin. You can buy a kit at any hobby store and cast a knife made of a composite resin that you could fuck someone up with. It wouldn't hold a really good edge but it could do some serious damage as a stabbing weapon.
      I bought a resin-based knife many years ago called the "executive letter opener". You can't shave with it, but it can inflict deadly damage, and easily cut a man from "asshole to appetite". I bought it after watching a demo of them driving it through a 2x4 with a large hammer...without damaging the blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
        Something I've always found funny about all the security checkpoint BS. Can't have nail clippers, but once you get past security you can eat in a restaurant with knives.

What's to stop a group of people from stealing the silverware and bringing it on the plane???

Illusion of security.
        I believe all restaurants past security are supposed to have plastic-ware.

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        And to think I am actually considering a job with them because A) it is a job B) it pays well
        I'd love to read your blog after you were hired about the inner workings of TSA.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3yaqq9Jjb4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3yaqq9Jjb4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

EDIT: No embed? WTF?

Adam Savage, of Mythbusters fame, demonstrates the ineffectiveness of TSA at w00tstock 2.0 in Seattle on May 7, 2010. This video is part of a number of UNEDI...

"The TSA isn't the most respected of governmental agencies right now, but at least it comes by the poor reputation honestly. The lack of standards, inconsistent application of searches and policies, and occasional rude agent all combine to make flying an unpleasant experience. It's often derided as "security theater," which describes the experience of Mythbuster Adam Savage before a recent flight.

Savage was put through the full-body scanner, and while he joked that it made his penis feel small, no one seemed to notice the items he was carrying on his person. The video tells the rest of the story. "

Comment

heh, entertaining video.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

As I get older and time goes by, I'm finding it harder and harder to call anything that steals money from honest tax payers a "job." Especially if that "job" has as part of it's conduct behavior that has gotten many locked up in jail for molestation.

I think all the TSA clowns should be added to the list of known sex offenders for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                I've accidentally gone through checkpoints with "banned" items so many times it's not funny.

I always have at least two small screwdrivers in my laptop bag and never has anyone said anything. Nail clippers? Yeah, they also never leave my bag either.

Hell, one day they let me slide with a pair of dykes but took all of my ID and personal info to copy and file away b/c I accidentally left a box of strike-anywhere matches in my bag.

I carry some strange looking electronics and cables sometimes also and they never say anything.
                ...and yet I can't get on the plane with my grenade belt buckle because it "looks too real."
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                  ...and yet I can't get on the plane with my grenade belt buckle because it "looks too real."
                  i think the TSA was just doing you a favor, but getting rid of a grenade belt buckle.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

This belt buckle is the awesomeness. Shut your mouth!
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                    X