Military and TSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I'd share an excerpt:
    Officers typically start at $29,000, but that's only if they're working full-time. New officers often start as part-time workers, said McCoy, at about $14 per hour. He said that part-timers, who make up 37% of the screener workforce at O'Hare, typically have to work four-hour days for at least three years before they're considered for full-time
    The pat downs result in some embarrassing contact between officers and passengers who consider the procedure to be too intrusive. Airline security blogger Steven Frischling has been posting anonymous complaints from officers on his blog, www.flyingwithfish.com, including this one:

"It is not comfortable to come to work knowing full well that my hands will be feeling another man's private parts, their butt, their inner thigh."

Frischling said that screeners tell him they're "demeaned" by the pat-down procedure, which they describe as "ineffective."
    Getting a pat-down at airport security is tough. But life on the other side of the body scanner, as a blue-shirted officer for the Transportation Security Administration, isn't much fun either.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      oh it's coming
      Yeah I know man. I've debated selling off some firearms as savings has dwindled but am very hesitant. I think a large attack in the current situation (societal/economic) would be very bad.

Not to mention the way that Obama (Captain Wait'it'out) handles a critical situation.

Comment

Working...
      X