Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Appeal of the AR - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appeal of the AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoman View Post
    Well shit, don't they qualify open sights at like 500 yards or something like that with the M16?
    I can vouch for 300 yard pop-up targets. So a fairly small target, w/ limited time, iron sights. Really was not that difficult, just had to lob the round a little high.

Edit: Does look like the Marines have the joy of 500 yards, taking their time and all that...

usmcweapons.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, usmcweapons.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

They're fucking great for varmints and hogs.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
        They just seem like conversation weapons more than something I would want in a time of need. Truly would you bring that out on a south texas deer hunt around seasoned hunters? I guess different strokes for different folks. I also prefer a 1911 to any other automatic pistol and people laugh at me for that one too.
        I'd think the AR would provide more useful, TBH. The "relic and curio" category of firearms would be the conversation pieces IMHO. Personally I wouldn't deer hunt with an AR, but I would definitely take a hog or three.

Also, what about cost effectiveness? For what it is, its a great bang for the buck. Take similar .223 weapons like a Mini-14. Roughly the same price, but from what I can see most everything is cheaper on the AR and more readily available. Has a certain utility to it and is more accurate, generally speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber Toten Schlager View Post
          Less than adequate weaponry.

1. Made of plastic
          2. Lack of knock-down power in today"s CQC
          3. Finicky
          4. If you want to shoot at 300 yards, buy a rifle built for it (Remington 700)
          I disagree with all of that.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The 500 yd line shoot is probably the easiest part of the qualification. You get to shoot a man-sized target from prone. Anything in the black counts.

Comment

1. Made of plastic
              3. Finicky
              Glad you have an opinion. But a bolt action for comparison????

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              I can vouch for 300 yard pop-up targets. So a fairly small target, w/ limited time, iron sights. Really was not that difficult, just had to lob the round a little high.

Edit: Does look like the Marines have the joy of 500 yards, taking their time and all that...

http://www.usmcweapons.com/articles/...ntm16qual.html
              Taking their time? You take your shot, shot spotters mark it... You plot your shot on paper then take your next. In boot you do it this way. Once out, it's not the same. Besides thats just the range in boot.

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
              The 500 yd line shoot is probably the easiest part of the qualification. You get to shoot a man-sized target from prone. Anything in the black counts.
              Now that's Nostalgic... I remember freezing my ass off, laying in inches of water but was still able to pull of second highest score on range... All 4 years I shot high expert on both pistol and rifle. Loved my rifle

Comment

1. Made of plastic
                3. Finicky
                If this shit were true I don't think the military would be using the M16 and it's later variants since the mid-60s.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

1. Made of plastic
                  3. Finicky
                  1. Made of plastic? Maybe just the buttstock
                  2. CQC? Ok come stand in front of it and let me shoot you, and see if you go down.
                  3. For a moron like you, yes.
                  4. I like remmy's
                  "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                  http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                  Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                  Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                  http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                  www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                  sigpic

Comment

Unreliable?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Seems to work fine wet and muddy to me.

Why do I have AR's? Because I wanted them. They're cheaper to shoot than my STG and lighter. If I want to hunt larger game I can change uppers and shoot several other calibers. I can also change the bolt and magazine and shoot .22lr

Comment

He's just a troll - look through his previous posts, all he does is talk shit and take pot shots, literally every single post.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Everyone is always jealous of cheap stuff that tgey can't afford.

Get a job and maybe you can afford an AR. I have an AR and a Garand. I have an XD and a 1911 too. The secret is employment. Maybe someday you'll get it......

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          Everyone is always jealous of cheap stuff that tgey can't afford.

Get a job and maybe you can afford an AR. I have an AR and a Garand. I have an XD and a 1911 too. The secret is employment. Maybe someday you'll get it......
                          I hope that wasnt aimed at me about the job comment. I just wanted to get some insight on these weapons. Ive been looking at AR-10 models simply because of reloading reasons. I think they look cool and handle well and shoot well. However I need a reason to pull the wallet trigger and just cuz aint good enough for my wife. I told her they are light weight and would be perfect for her while hunting hogs, cans, or evil paper bad guys. Screw it Im buying one. If I dont like it I can sell it

Travis

Comment

Who the fuck needs to ask their wife to buy shit?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                              Who the fuck needs to ask their wife to buy shit?
                              <----- This Guy

Comment

1. Made of plastic
                                3. Finicky
                                I goto Camp Perrys rifleman shoot. The competition starts at 600 yards and ends at 200 yards.

The armys shooting team wins almost every year and they use a Ar15. They are shooting agaist teams using the m1 garand and m14s. The 223 has proven to be very accurate at 600 yards

Comment

Working...
                                X