Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking deal on Magpul UBR

They only have them in the green shades, but that's damn cheap:

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

What does this or most of magpuls stocks offer/do over normal m4 stocks?

Comment

Adjustable cheek weld , it can be set to stop at a desired LOP , no rattles , and if your gun came with a 10$ stock this one will be more durable .
      The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
        Adjustable cheek weld , it can be set to stop at a desired LOP , no rattles , and if your gun came with a 10$ stock this one will be more durable .
        He doesn't actually care.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          He doesn't actually care.
          Actually, i do. Trying to find a nice collapsible stock for my m16. I just know shit about anything magpul or any other mfg wise.
          Last edited by David; 12-25-2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

The Vltor EMOD is about 1in longer than the Modstock. The increased length of the EMOD is a major benefit when used on scoped rifles.

i picked up a FDE modstock when they first went on clearance for mine, its a bit loose on my buffer tube but its not horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
              http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Vltor...2s%20black.htm

i picked up a FDE modstock when they first went on clearance for mine, its a bit loose on my buffer tube but its not horrible.
              I have the EMOD now, I'm looking for something a little more solid.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                Actually, i do. Trying to find a nice collapsible stock for my m16. I just know shit about anything magpul or any other mfg wise.
                My bad dude.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  I have the EMOD now, I'm looking for something a little more solid.
                  I've been tempted to pick up one of the magpul moe's for the hell of it but I like the storage with the vltor. I've got storage in the stock for small parts and extra battery's for the vortex in the pistol grip. Have you looked at the mako stocks? Buddy has one on a 6.8 that's spring loaded to soak up some of the recoil, that thing is tight! on the buffer tube. With it and a hydraulic buffer he says it makes his reloads feel like a 223.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                    I've been tempted to pick up one of the magpul moe's for the hell of it but I like the storage with the vltor. I've got storage in the stock for small parts and extra battery's for the vortex in the pistol grip. Have you looked at the mako stocks? Buddy has one on a 6.8 that's spring loaded to soak up some of the recoil, that thing is tight! on the buffer tube. With it and a hydraulic buffer he says it makes his reloads feel like a 223.
                    I just find mako's stocks to look crappy and flimsy, just not a fan of their design. The Magpul ACS is the best match to your vltor. My EMOD is probably the highest quality standard stock I've seen, very nice stock. Vltor makes excellent equipment. I really like the UBR and i'm tempted to throw down the money, primarily because I want a very short stock for my SBR, and I like to store batteries, bolts, optic tools, and broken case extractors in my stock.

This is such a good deal I'm toying with buying one of the foliage stocks, and duracoating it gray.

Comment

I just want something that's affordable and don't sound like a box of broken glass being thrown down a hill . Seriously 75 bux to spend .
                      I ain't no baller.
                      The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

I'll more than likely end up with a CTR or ACS on mine and throw the vltor on the AR I'm building for the lady. I've got a YHM lower and a RRA upper here waiting to be built for her.

I'm not sure I particularly like the tube design (fitting both com and mil spec tubes) of the mako but I can tell you my buddy's doesn't rattle one bit, it's tight on the tube and the adjustable cheek piece surprised both of us in how solid it is. If I were building a dedicated scoped gun I'd be pretty tempted to put one on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X