.500 Magnum Mosin Nagant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .500 Magnum Mosin Nagant

I had been talking to this guy about load data on castboolits, and he showed me a rather interesting project he has:

In addition to the 8mm Mauser I just wrote about I got to shoot my new 500 S&W mag Mosin Nagant today. That thing is good for a lot of giggles! I took a plain old 91/30 and fitted a Green Mountain blank, turned to heavy palma taper. Chambered with Dave Manson's 500 S&W rifle barrel reamer, cut to 20 inches. Had to cut the stock in half just behind the rear band since the barrel is bigger than the stock was. I put a single Weaver base on the receiver, epoxy bedded it and attached with red

It's a mosin nagant he added a .500 magnum barrel to. That is badass.
    Last edited by CJ; 03-04-2013, 02:37 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I'm still to scared to shoot my 7.62 Nagant. Lol
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I would imagine it would beat the piss out of you.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I will buy you a nagant for this, lol.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

No muzzle break. Looks painful. But fun at the same time. I'd like to see what it can do to BIG GAME.
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

TC's aren't fun to shoot in 500, I couldn't imagine that would be fun.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Had the displeasure of shooting a H&R handi rifle in .500...
              Not a rifle I care to own...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

interesting

Comment

If 50 can cans were afforable I'd build one and shoot 1,000gr subsonic .500 bullets. 2,600ft/lbs of energy...subsonic . You hear a click and a bullet the size of an AA battery rips through you. Its a bad day. That's more energy delivery than a full power .308 round.
                  Last edited by CJ; 03-05-2013, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Fiddy cal cans are fucking massive and expensive, but that would be insanely badass to have one.

Recon anyone has ever thrown one on an m2hb?
                    Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      Fiddy cal cans are fucking massive and expensive, but that would be insanely badass to have one.

Recon anyone has ever thrown one on an m2hb?
                      Sure, many manufacturers sell them. I think aac calls theirs the Cyclops.

Comment

I've just seen the barrett can in their magazines listed for over 2k. I have never priced them, but that is a lot of dough for a suppressor.

Comment

I would just make one. A .50bmg can is way larger than necessary for a .500 mag.

Comment

Red Jacket can hook you up dude, they even put stocks on .50bmg Desert Eagles.

Comment

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with Courtney Love's heroin spoon than give them money.

Comment

Working...
                              X