Anyone own a civilian taser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a civilian taser?

I've always wanted a taser to carry in areas that dont allow a firearm, but have never actually tested one. Does anyone own one of these bad boys?

I worked the gun counter at academy back in college and the taser rep came out and did a demo when we first started selling them. Those barbs went right through a cardboard box and it shot confetti everywhere with the serial number on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
      I worked the gun counter at academy back in college and the taser rep came out and did a demo when we first started selling them. Those barbs went right through a cardboard box and it shot confetti everywhere with the serial number on it.
      So it works?

Comment

Waste of time. Tasers are way less effective than people think, especially through clothing.
        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
          Waste of time. Tasers are way less effective than people think, especially through clothing.
          Exactly. Don't be a pussy and just carry anyway.

Comment

I bought one for my old GF years ago for her to use on me, but it is not like the one pictured. Unless you nail someone in the neck it doesn't stop them like you would hope it would. A big knife is a better option; doubly so since they are legal just about everywhere now. An old school leather slap out performs a taser and can be had for $50.
            Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 02-01-2019, 10:16 AM.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              I've always wanted a taser to carry in areas that dont allow a firearm, but have never actually tested one. Does anyone own one of these bad boys?

https://pulseplus.taser.com
              I've tried a few on myself just to see what it was all about. Unless the prongs are spread across your chest it really doesn't do shit other than isolate what ever muscle it's on. It feels like a mean pinch. It's intimidating to see the arc of one, but if you tag them with one by hand it's just going to make them angry and lose all fear of the taser.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I've tried a few on myself just to see what it was all about. Unless the prongs are spread across your chest it really doesn't do shit other than isolate what ever muscle it's on. It feels like a mean pinch. It's intimidating to see the arc of one, but if you tag them with one by hand it's just going to make them angry and lose all fear of the taser.
                You effectively summed up my feelings on waterboarding.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'm not talking about a stun gun. I'm talking about the police style one that actually shoots the prongs that embed into your skin. Except the civilian version that shocks you for 30s.

I think a few of yall are referring to the stun guns that just use an arc.

Comment

didnt you used to tell us all how badass you were?

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      didnt you used to tell us all how badass you were?

god bless.
                      It's always been obvious that I'm a badass.

Comment

He's getting soft in his old age
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

an obvious badass makes a thread asking about tasers... bro.

why not beat them down with your supreme intellect?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            I'm not talking about a stun gun. I'm talking about the police style one that actually shoots the prongs that embed into your skin. Except the civilian version that shocks you for 30s.

I think a few of yall are referring to the stun guns that just use an arc.
                            I am talking about the one that sticks you. You can also use it for direct contact. I have a collector's version of a police stun gun that is considered by the ATF to be a firearm. It used a primer to launch the darts. TASERS aren't as bad ass as you would think which is why I used to have my girlfriend shocked me with them. I wanted to make sure I can handle getting hit with one and still be able to fight. There's a company that makes t-shirts that are conductive that neutralize the effects of all stun guns.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                              TASERS aren't as bad ass as you would think which is why I used to have my girlfriend shocked me with them. I wanted to make sure I can handle getting hit with one and still be able to fight.
                              SVO in action.

Comment

Working...
                              X