After 13 years away from Texas I found a reason to come back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 13 years away from Texas I found a reason to come back

I know almost no one here knows me, but I have lurked here quite a bit and wanted to share this news with fellow Texans. I have been working towards getting into medical school for the last 6 years. During that time I spent a couple months deployed, added a son and daughter to my family, moved across the country, worked full time, and did as much college as I could while juggling all that. Definitely a day I will never forget.

De Oppresso Liber.

Congrats, and thank you for your service. Now...post the terts!!! Seriously though, that's an awesome accomplishment. Keep it rolling!

Comment

Congrats!
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Congrats man!

Comment

Well done, dude. Texas is proud to have you back.

Comment

Great job - excellent work!
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Made it longer than me, we are headed back to TX right at 9 years later.

Congrats on med school.
              Last edited by Big A; 02-02-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I was talking with a friend about a potential job opportunity back in dfw, while discussing salary I realized just how much it'd take to get me back down there. I can't deal with big cities and traffic anymore, it's just not worth it.

Comment

I hear that, though family can sway priorities as well. I had no intention of coming back until our son was born. Fortunately the timing happened to align financially as well, leaving zero doubts it's the right thing to do.

Y'all pop out a kid and report back.

Comment

we don't have much of the way of family back in tx anyways. and if we had a kiddo I'd much prefer they grow up here than there... but I get what you're saying and if the familial situation were different I would probably feel the same way ya'll do.

Comment

Congrads man.

David

Comment

Congratulations! I remember that excitement from when you logged on at midnight Feb 1st, to see if (and where you matched)! It was like the end of Ebay auction from 11:58 ..refresh...refresh....refresh....until....CONGRAT ULATIONS!!

What speciality are you leaning towards?

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                          Congratulations! I remember that excitement from when you logged on at midnight Feb 1st, to see if (and where you matched)! It was like the end of Ebay auction from 11:58 ..refresh...refresh....refresh....until....CONGRAT ULATIONS!!

What speciality are you leaning towards?
                          My top three are Emergency Med, Gen Surg, and if I stay in the Army, Psych.

I thought about staying up to see the results, but my day started at 3 am with my son throwing up and I was involved in an airborne operation all day, so by the time I put my son to bed I was ready to crash. Good thing because I had to wait till 9 am Eastern time for TMDSAS to post the results.
                          De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Good to see you have a few in mind. Once you get into rotations you will find something that you feel fits you. When my wife started med school she had a speciality in mind. She started rotations and found what she thought would fit her and what would be best for her. Something that is always different and not the same old routine day in and day out. She went EM.

Again congratulations and good luck! It is a long road.....

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X