Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dot\Holographic sights

Maybe someone here can educate me...

What exactly is a $500-$600 EO-Tech or $400 Aimpoint going to give me that my $60 Bushnell TRS-25 doesn't?

Upon quick inspection, unless I'm running night vision or something... what is the point?

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
    Maybe someone here can educate me...

What exactly is a $500-$600 EO-Tech or $400 Aimpoint going to give me that my $60 Bushnell TRS-25 doesn't?

Upon quick inspection, unless I'm running night vision or something... what is the point?
    Quality, reliability and durability?

That would be my expectation anyhow, I only have iron sights on my stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Quality, reliability and durability?

That would be my expectation anyhow, I only have iron sights on my stuff.
      Well I can tell you this....

I've dropped\scraped\hit the Bushnell multiple times (and not lightly) in one form or another out in the woods of Texas (trees, rocks, dirt) and so far it still works fine and has stayed zeroed.

So I guess I got my money's worth.

Last time I was out at the range one guy had a Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism... I really liked the ease of use and sight picture on that one.... so I may be upgrading on the ugly duckling rifle.

Comment

Not much. I have $1,200 red dots and $100 red dots. Both look exactly the same down the tube, for the most part. The high dollar red dots can take sub zero temperatures, blazing heat, get run over by a humvee, etc. The $100 primary arms red dots will hold a zero, not fog up, and I've run over one with a jeep, still have it. If you life depends on it, spend the money. Not a bad idea to have one solid save your ass rifle, For the other rifles you own, put primary arms red dots on them and save your money. Guns appreciate, optics don't.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

A good but cheap one is from Ultradot. I put one on a Ruger Super Red Hawk in .454 Casull and I think my wrist nerves will stop working before the sight does.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I have a vortex spitfire 1x on my AR. Red dots look blurry to me or have halos around them so I need an etched reticle. It is clear, plus I never have to worry about batteries, but it does illuminate if I want it to. Would highly recommend.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              I have a vortex spitfire 1x on my AR. Red dots look blurry to me or have halos around them so I need an etched reticle. It is clear, plus I never have to worry about batteries, but it does illuminate if I want it to. Would highly recommend.
              taking mine back to Cabela's tomorrow, shoots low and right, adjustment screws do nothing. won't adjust any further left and still hitting about 3 inches right

Comment

Originally posted by ryuu View Post
                taking mine back to Cabela's tomorrow, shoots low and right, adjustment screws do nothing. won't adjust any further left and still hitting about 3 inches right
                Every manufacturer has products leave out of spec. Even eotech and aimpoint are not 100% on quality control. Vortex has an excellent warranty.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Well as far as the comparison to EOTech, the first obvious differences is going to be the reticle.

Also, not familiar with the Bushnell you have but have you dunked it in water and left it in there for 30-60 minutes or taken it out in the rain?

Not knockin the Bushnell (or maybe I am just a little bit) but there might be a reason why the US Military doesn't issue these scopes to the troops. I'm sure there perfectly fine for range/HD use but the stuff that our soldiers go through in the Middle East would destroy a lot of stuff we take for granted sitting in a safe or dropping it at the range.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    Well as far as the comparison to EOTech, the first obvious differences is going to be the reticle.

Also, not familiar with the Bushnell you have but have you dunked it in water and left it in there for 30-60 minutes or taken it out in the rain?

Not knockin the Bushnell (or maybe I am just a little bit) but there might be a reason why the US Military doesn't issue these scopes to the troops. I'm sure there perfectly fine for range/HD use but the stuff that our soldiers go through in the Middle East would destroy a lot of stuff we take for granted sitting in a safe or dropping it at the range.
                    I bet they wont be using Eotech much anymore, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      I bet they wont be using Eotech much anymore, either.
                      From what I'm hearing the military is pretty much Aimpoint these days due to Eotech temperature\zeroing issues.

But yes... Personally, I can't ever see the need for a $500 reflex sight as I won't be popping up out of streams to attack enemy scout positions anytime soon. lol

I've had the Bushnell in fog, light rain and in the mud.... still holds zero although it is a bit ugly\banged up (so I camo'd it)

However I could see it having issues in a downpour or submerged.

Even if the SHTF there is always good old fashioned flip up sights and a good scope.

It's sitting on the beater rifle so when it dies, it dies....

Comment

There isn't much difference except in extreme circumstances which most will never see. I do believe the eotech dot is by far the clearest, cleanest dot I have seen.
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I'll admit, I'm biased towards the EOTech after having lusted over one for many years until I could afford one. The reticle is really nice and pretty damn fast to acquire over simple a "red dot". I haven't had any issues with it holding a zero. But then again I'm not going from one extreme temperature to another either like a soldier might experience in Afghanistan. And if I ever am, I'll be sure to re-zero my scope

To each his own. I'm happy with my purchase. I'll eventually add a cheap red dot to something but it'll probably be one from Primary Arms.

Comment

Working...
                          X