Anyone used Opendoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    You've gotta be honest though, even worst case leaving $22k on the table, it must be tempting after your last experience and to forget all of that headache.. Imagine, just choose when you want to close and you're essentially done.
    Craig, what kind of advise is that?!?!? I can't think of an experience that would make me want to throw away 22k dollars.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Shit...have you already signed up to piss 6% away on an overpriced agent?

If you're in the dfw...itll sell quickly regardless of who lists it. Save the money. You're saying no to opendoor to save what...4-6K? Why not say no to a typical agent to save another 6-10K?

Nut up and flat fee list it. Most agents are a bigger pain than going it alone on a market this hot.
    Good Lord, just stop talking. Seriously.

Sounds just like in every profession there are some bad apples and everyone in here has found them. The realtor is suppose to take all of that stress and problems and "shield" them from the client. I know this for a fact because I've seen/heard the stories that my wife deals with to keep a sale on track. On numerous occasions I can only shake my head and ask her how she hasn't strangled another agent yet.

IMO, these are exactly the type of people that Open Door prey on.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      Craig, what kind of advise is that?!?!? I can't think of an experience that would make me want to throw away 22k dollars.

Well, George, it won't be 22K, but the last time we tried to sell we had a nightmare with the agent. 50+ showings, 4 open houses, and she did not give us any offers. She said she wanted over asking so she could get a new Lexus. Found out after we fired her, there were 18 offers on the house. Evey house in the neighborhood sells, and pretty quickly. I know this was an isolated case with the=is stupid agent, but it was a total PITA, and I'd rather not go thru any of it again.

One Saturday we had an open house, and several showings one after the other, I had 4 dogs im my Mustang for 8 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
        Well, George, it won't be 22K, but the last time we tried to sell we had a nightmare with the agent. 50+ showings, 4 open houses, and she did not give us any offers. She said she wanted over asking so she could get a new Lexus. Found out after we fired her, there were 18 offers on the house. Evey house in the neighborhood sells, and pretty quickly. I know this was an isolated case with the=is stupid agent, but it was a total PITA, and I'd rather not go thru any of it again.

One Saturday we had an open house, and several showings one after the other, I had 4 dogs im my Mustang for 8 hours!
        Yep. This is the other kind of shit they will pull. They will try to get you whatever price they think is right. You should have reported this bitch to TREC and sued her and the broker.

We caught a listing agent with an incorrect disclosure on a property in Highland Park two weeks ago. This property is listed and has severe flooding issues in a ground floor garage area. We know this because one of our employees is a prior tenant. Listing agent, who is also the property manager, conveniently left all that out of the disclosure. These shitbags are everywhere.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

damn man, I could not imagine that ordeal. I agree with the above statement, should've sued that agent/broker. Those bad apples need to be forced out of the business.

I'd look for that referred agent that someone has dealt with and has good reviews before leaving money on the table. Open Door is an investor and they're always going to be lower than what you could actually get. Unless the house is in bad shape or you're in a really tight spot (ie foreclosure), I'd search for that bad ass referral agent that knows what their doing. Good luck Rob

Comment

Sounds just like in every profession there are some bad apples and everyone in here has found them. The realtor is suppose to take all of that stress and problems and "shield" them from the client. I know this for a fact because I've seen/heard the stories that my wife deals with to keep a sale on track. On numerous occasions I can only shake my head and ask her how she hasn't strangled another agent yet.

IMO, these are exactly the type of people that Open Door prey on.
            Oooo...look at you trying to play like you big man. I get it....you have a vested interest in pretending like your wife's job is worth the bloated fees. It's not. Anyone who pays her over 6% is over paying.

Why is it that you can understand how crazy it is to throw away 22K on open door, but not 10+K on a realtor?

I'm providing a literal real life experience as to how I sold and bought at a net 2% cost. 4% of your ou standard 300K house is $12K for the privilege of working with someone that is most likely going to cause more pain than good.

This isn't a few bad apples....this is a junkyard with a few gems.

What I didn't realize is that yellowstang could cut a 10-20K check and not even care all in the name if not wanting to take the dogs out for 1 day on the weekends. Thats a new level of dfwm baller status.

Comment

What I didn't realize is that yellowstang could cut a 10-20K check and not even care all in the name if not wanting to take the dogs out for 1 day on the weekends. Thats a new level of dfwm baller status.
              LMAO

On that note, I saw a reindeer hide in a duty-free shop the other day. Would that one-up the cow hides around here?

Comment

I put my dogs in their crates. A good realtor is worth paying, a bad one is worth about the same as advise from Ruffdaddy.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Oh that that wasn't advice.. I wasn't suggesting he sell to them! I was commiserating with him that although it's a lot of money, it's probably more understandable to him than anyone as to why some people choose to go that route (we have talked about his past experience before).

Comment

Oooo...look at you trying to play like you big man. I get it....you have a vested interest in pretending like your wife's job is worth the bloated fees. It's not. Anyone who pays her over 6% is over paying.

Why is it that you can understand how crazy it is to throw away 22K on open door, but not 10+K on a realtor?

I'm providing a literal real life experience as to how I sold and bought at a net 2% cost. 4% of your ou standard 300K house is $12K for the privilege of working with someone that is most likely going to cause more pain than good.

This isn't a few bad apples....this is a junkyard with a few gems.

Yeah, whatever. Surely you could've come up with something better than that. I never said it wasn't possible dip shit. For someone that has time and some guidance, sure, it's doable but there are plenty of homes for sale that have some undisclosed baggage that can make the process a nightmare. Not to mention that some people don't want to deal with it. Not that I'd wish ill will on anyone but if/when you ever deal with one of these experiences, you'll understand. Until then, feel free to offer your experience and guidance on your one example.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Yep. This is the other kind of shit they will pull. They will try to get you whatever price they think is right. You should have reported this bitch to TREC and sued her and the broker.

We caught a listing agent with an incorrect disclosure on a property in Highland Park two weeks ago. This property is listed and has severe flooding issues in a ground floor garage area. We know this because one of our employees is a prior tenant. Listing agent, who is also the property manager, conveniently left all that out of the disclosure. These shitbags are everywhere.
                      Yep. Pretty sure you can sue her for that shit and get her license pulled from the Real Estate Board. I would be livid and ready to slap a bitch, but a nice fat lawsuit would do.

We actually dropped an "anonymous tip" to the real estate board about a selling agent who was doing all kinds of shady shit with signage and hedging offers for a house over here in the Silverlake neighborhood in grapevine. Definitely not ethical, because a realtor is duty-bound to submit all offers to the seller.

Comment

We are going to sell in about 90 days and are building. I just filled out the opendoor form... I'm not optimistic but let's see how much I will clear. I know going the realtor route we will clear about X.... let's see how close to X or over they can get. They get over X, they can have the house. If not I hope it sells in 24 hrs like the neighbors house did.

Comment

They should rename it openanus for the fucking they give you. They offer 90% of what your property is worth and charge double the fees if a conventional realtor. Doing that theybuild themselves a tidy 15 to 20% profit margin by doing zilch. You move out, they sweep or even vandalize the place and sell all your appliances on Craigslist and still come out way ahead. So unless you are too lazy and stupid to straighten up your place and rent some temp storage to get what you should, then openanus may be for you.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            They should rename it openanus for the fucking they give you. They offer 90% of what your property is worth and charge double the fees if a conventional realtor. Doing that theybuild themselves a tidy 15 to 20% profit margin by doing zilch. You move out, they sweep or even vandalize the place and sell all your appliances on Craigslist and still come out way ahead. So unless you are too lazy and stupid to straighten up your place and rent some temp storage to get what you should, then openanus may be for you.
                            that's pretty much what everyone else said on page one.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              that's pretty much what everyone else said on page one.
                              He mad? He seems mad..

Comment

He mad, generally when the f-bomb gets dropped in a post the poster be mad.

Comment

Working...
                                X