Finally going to get paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    congrats!! maybe with your "nice fat back pay check" you will no longer need to create threads asking for discounts anymore even though you are sooo rich..

i just dont get why the richest guy on the site has threads including.....

1. looking for cheap hotel hookups
    2.his wife driving a ford fusion
    3.trying to pawn an old chinese coin
    4. buying a used truck

i am not union, so i know i am a broke dick poorboy, but dang i figured with all his benefits and skrilla he would be living a much more lavish lifestyle than his threads make at least me believe.

god bless.

LOL who ever said I was the richest. I might qualify for being the biggest cheap ass on the site though. I'm sorry I let you down and don't live the ghetto life style when it comes to the cars I drive. I'd rather have my nice house filled with nice things along with putting 3k a month into savings, but hey thats just the way I was raised. Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
      LOL who ever said I was the richest. I might qualify for being the biggest cheap ass on the site though. I'm sorry I let you down and don't live the ghetto life style when it comes to the cars I drive. I'd rather have my nice house filled with nice things along with putting 3k a month into savings, but hey thats just the way I was raised. Different strokes for different folks.
      Don't forget to add using the union to suck the company teet dry, even if ethics and morals get trampled in the process. God Bless America!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Don't forget to add using the union to suck the company teet dry, even if ethics and morals get trampled in the process. God Bless America!
        LOL that old line of bullshit doesn't fly. If thats the case how come the Railroad Industry that is 100% union had record profits during one of the worst recessions on record. On top of that Warren Buffett bought BNSF and Bill Gates is now the largest share holder of CN Railroad and rumor has it he might take them private. So if the two richest guys in the world don't have a problem with unions why should you.

Everyone wants to point to the UAW and say look how big and bad the union is. No one ever puts the blame at the feet of the management that ran those companys into the ground and signed shitty contracts with the union. Why would the CEO of GM care if the contracts he signed with the union would be the tipping point of the company when he had a golden parachute in place for himself.

Comment

LOL that old line of bullshit doesn't fly. If thats the case how come the Railroad Industry that is 100% union had record profits during one of the worst recessions on record. On top of that Warren Buffett bought BNSF and Bill Gates is now the largest share holder of CN Railroad and rumor has it he might take them private. So if the two richest guys in the world don't have a problem with unions why should you.

Everyone wants to point to the UAW and say look how big and bad the union is. No one ever puts the blame at the feet of the management that ran those companys into the ground and signed shitty contracts with the union. Why would the CEO of GM care if the contracts he signed with the union would be the tipping point of the company when he had a golden parachute in place for himself.
          Maybe because their operating costs are tons higher than they need to be. Now, ask me again why...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Maybe because their operating costs are tons higher than they need to be. Now, ask me again why...

Maybe it had something to do with them building shitty cars that got shitty gas mileage which no one wanted to buy. It came down to them not knowing their market nor what their customers wanted.

Comment

Maybe it had something to do with them building shitty cars that got shitty gas mileage which no one wanted to buy. It came down to them not knowing their market nor what their customers wanted.
              Just another contributing factor. I'm looking for more of a root cause, though.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                Counting the .00?

We're not talking about the tip you got from the last car you detailed for Nick.

Comment

We're not talking about the tip you got from the last car you detailed for Nick.
                  Oh ok! You mean doing actual work?

Comment

Why should any one who is a train conductor get paid 80K+ ?

Wheres the fucking skill in that?
                    it's the equivalent of a 'skilled' truck driver ! Shit , at best. You could argue with traffic and moronic car drivers it takes ten times more skill / knowledge than a train conductor would ever need on a rail.

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                      Why should any one who is a train conductor get paid 80K+ ?

Wheres the fucking skill in that?
                      it's the equivalent of a 'skilled' truck driver ! Shit , at best. You could argue with traffic and moronic car drivers it takes ten times more skill / knowledge than a train conductor would ever need on a rail.
                      LOL, I agree completely!
                      One of the girls that I used to date was a train conductor for BNSF and was about as smart as a bag of rocks.
                      I heard that she used to make all the engineers mad because she honestly did not know WTF she was doing or what was even going on in the world for that matter!
                      How do I know...first hand word of mouth(my workout partner was an engineer for BNSF).
                      Every time she would piss people off, she would use the union and just get transferred to another board and/or city.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        I love unions. They are the best thing to happen to American industry ever.
                        Gotta love communism!

Comment

LOL that old line of bullshit doesn't fly. If thats the case how come the Railroad Industry that is 100% union had record profits during one of the worst recessions on record.
                          Now wait a minute, I remember the thread where you were bitching about trains setting idle, and how you guys were not moving shit. I'm sure if I spent 10 minutes looking on the other forum, I could find it.

Lets not forget your grand statement that the recession would be over in six months, when it actually was still going strong a year later.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Solid barg in this thread
                            This.

Comment

Looks like the unions and the railroads have finally come to an agreement on a new contract. They've only been working on it for over 2 years.
                              and by the time the ink drys it will only be good for about a year before they need to go back to negotiating a new contract. The only good thing from waiting so long is I'll get a nice fat back pay check with retro active raises. Not sure what the details are on the new contract yet, but they will be mailing it out any day for us to vote on it.
                              That's good to hear, hopefully it is a decent contract and the electricians and machinist unions will soon follow. While I don't condone everything that unions stand for, I feel that they are a necessary evil in the rail road industry, anyone who has worked for ANY rail road will vouch for this. As to the wages, the skillset that I posses pays slightly more in the non union world but has less benefits, I prefer the benefits. You guys all bitch and moan about how unions are bringing the country down, but I bet 98% of you would jump at the opportunity to work under a union agreement and the better wages and benefits that come with it. As to the comment about the amount of skill required to run a train being comparable to driving a truck is laughable, let's see a 80' long 80,000lb. truck or a 15,000ft. 24,000 ton train with 2 sets of power, most of you couldn't even figure out how to blow the horn on the locomotive, let alone actually getting it to move.

Comment

Originally posted by turboskull1 View Post
                                That's good to hear, hopefully it is a decent contract and the electricians and machinist unions will soon follow. While I don't condone everything that unions stand for, I feel that they are a necessary evil in the rail road industry, anyone who has worked for ANY rail road will vouch for this. As to the wages, the skillset that I posses pays slightly more in the non union world but has less benefits, I prefer the benefits. You guys all bitch and moan about how unions are bringing the country down, but I bet 98% of you would jump at the opportunity to work under a union agreement and the better wages and benefits that come with it. As to the comment about the amount of skill required to run a train being comparable to driving a truck is laughable, let's see a 80' long 80,000lb. truck or a 15,000ft. 24,000 ton train with 2 sets of power, most of you couldn't even figure out how to blow the horn on the locomotive, let alone actually getting it to move.
                                I don't care to be a part of a union, RR or just about anything you posted in this thread. I do, however, laugh at you thinking there is some higher level of training that only a select few can do, thus justifying higher wages. It really is just as funny as it is sad because you probably truely believe this.

Comment

Working...
                                X