No announcement yet.

"When do people of color truly get the benefits to which they are entitled?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "When do people of color truly get the benefits to which they are entitled?"

Holder expressed support for affirmative action, saying that he “can’t actually imagine a time in which the need for more diversity would ever cease.”

“Affirmative action has been an issue since segregation practices,” Holder said. “The question is not when does it end, but when does it begin ... When do people of color truly get the benefits to which they are entitled?”

He added that as a Columbia student, he “saw diversity and interacted with people who had different views.”

“People come from so many different backgrounds and bring so many different perspectives that the study of contemporary civilization is enriched by those people,” he said.

Holder—who was appointed Attorney General in 2009 by President Barack Obama, CC ’84—also fielded a question about why the Obama administration has not yet shut down the American detention facility in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.

“Congress wouldn’t let us,” Holder said. “President Obama came in and he said we want to close Guantánamo in a year, and here we are four years later.”

110:1 crawl ratio = slowest rig on here

The Obama administration has set blacks back at "least 5 centuries."
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I'm thinking that if you consider what this guy thinks he deserves then "never" will be the correct answer. And the answer to "how much" will always be "more". He is nothing but a scumbag and a liar anyway, with the whole fast and furious operation to his credit.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

The comments are pretty good in that article too.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

This is what liberals forget:

Following the meeting, Sherman drafted an order, Special Field Order No. 15. In the document, dated January 16, 1865, Sherman ordered that the abandoned rice plantations from the sea to 30 miles inland would be "reserved and set apart for the settlement" of the freed slaves in the region.

According to Sherman's order, "each family shall have a plot of not more than 40 acres of tillable ground." At the time, it was generally accepted that 40 acres of land was the optimal size for a family farm.

General Rufus Saxton was put in charge of administering the land along the Georgia coast. While Sherman's order mentioned "40 acres," there was no specific mention of farm animals.

General Saxton, however, did apparently supply U.S. Army mules to some of the families granted land under Sherman's order.
          President Andrew Johnson Ended Sherman's Policy

Three months after Sherman issued his Field Order No. 15, the U.S. Congress created the Freedmen's Bureau, which was supposed to ensure the welfare of the millions of slaves who were being freed by the war.

One task of the Freedmen's Bureau was to be the management of lands confiscated from those who had rebelled against the United States. The intent of Congress, led by the Radical Republicans, was to break up the plantations and redistribute the land so former slaves could have their own small farms.

Andrew Johnson became president following the assassination of Abraham Lincoln in April 1865. And Johnson, on May 28, 1865, issued a proclamation of pardon and amnesty to citizens in the South who would take an oath of allegiance.

As part of the pardon process, lands confiscated during the war would be returned to white landowners. So while the Radical Republicans had fully intended for there to be a massive redistribution of land from former slave owners to former slaves under Reconstruction, Johnson's policy effectively thwarted that.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I got news for ya, I don't owe a damned thing to anybody.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              I got news for ya, I don't owe a damned thing to anybody.
              Hell ya, I agree. None of my family were slave owners and even if they were, that's not on my shoulders from so long ago. Not to mention how slaves became slaves, is not our issue.

Hell, our ancestors may have been slaves - since slavery was quite popular for ANYONE conquered back in the day.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I don't care what anyone says. No one has had it worse than the Jews and you don't see them asking for hand outs.

Comment

Shit. My family came from Poland in the 1910's. He can go fuck himself.

Comment

if they brought slavery back, ill bet that every rapper and basketball player would have at least 6. they would be the first in line.
                    2011 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

And to think I've been PAYING good hard earned money for that tall latex clad woman to beat me with a whip all these years. I'mma go dispute some charges...

Comment

I'll pitch in for the mass deportation, but I think trade relations with Africa would go to shit when they got 30 million Americans acting like Africans dropped in their lap.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          The Obama administration has set blacks back at "least 5 centuries."
                          That's the muslim in him. They are good at living in the stone age.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            I'll pitch in for the mass deportation, but I think trade relations with Africa would go to shit when they got 30 million Americans acting like Africans dropped in their lap.
                            Sad thing real Africans want nothing to do with African Americans.

edit: and before some dumb ass gets butt hurt over that statement I pose you this question: Have you ever been to Africa? or Have you ever met a true African? I can answer yes to both can you?
                            Last edited by KBScobravert; 04-02-2012, 07:45 PM.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              Sad thing real Africans want nothing to do with African Americans.

edit: and before some dumb ass gets butt hurt over that statement I pose you this question: Have you ever been to Africa? or Have you ever met a true African? I can answer yes to both can you?

That is the truth, I use to work with a guy from Africa, he hates all blacks. Was funny when one of them would talk about the mother land. He would say your mother land is south Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                              X