State Inspection time......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Inspection time......

For the first time in over 10 years I don't have to worry about emissions crap! Clean air rules!

Originally posted by TX21 View Post
    For the first time in over 10 years I don't have to worry about emissions crap! Clean air rules!
    You got a vehicle that turned 25? Move some where they don't require???

Comment

Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
      You got a vehicle that turned 25? Move some where they don't require???
      Says here in Texas vehicles over 24 years old are exempt for emissions requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by TX21 View Post
        Says here in Texas vehicles over 24 years old are exempt for emissions requirements.
        Aw, OK. I always thought 25 was the number. Good to know. I thought I saw somewhere they may be ditching the safety portion of the inspection??

Comment

You still have to have the emissions crap on it. Hopefully, the safety part gets passed by the house.

Comment

Haven't had the ol smog pump on the car in 8-9 years. Hopefully no one looks or does not know what to look for

Comment

I had one place where the guy who was new or clueless asking if I had cats and mufflers since it was loud. We're talking stock headers and h-pipe to super turbo mufflers.

Comment

I haven't had cats on my fbody since 06. In 2012 I had a few shops get picky about the dump before the axle so I had a custom exhaust setup done.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                  I haven't had cats on my fbody since 06.
                  I was able to get away with it from '99 until moving to an emissions free county in VA in 2007. Had one test done at a shop that I believe was in Kennedale and was supposedly well known to those who had used the place before to get passed. The tech (female) had a fucking meltdown after passing my car and was sure she was going to jail and swore that was the illegitimate test she'd ever do again.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    I was able to get away with it from '99 until moving to an emissions free county in VA in 2007. Had one test done at a shop that I believe was in Kennedale and was supposedly well known to those who had used the place before to get passed. The tech (female) had a fucking meltdown after passing my car and was sure she was going to jail and swore that was the illegitimate test she'd ever do again.
                    I've been given a hard time, a few times since then. If my regular once a year shop has a different tech it can be a bit stressfull. A shop with a lift usually has a tech that will make the inspector look, but the car washes typically just ask and I tell them they are high flow cats with no mufflers

Comment

Working...
                    X