No announcement yet.

Anyone used Opendoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you know the next house you want or can handle all of the searching yourself...then you can normally get your realtor to contribute 1-2% towards the closing. Creekview realty will straight up cut you a check...but you have to do all the legwork aside from the offer and contractual parts. This is especially easy when buying new construction.

So technically, you can list for about 1K, and then get 2% back on the buy side to make your total realtor fee contribution less than 2%. This is what we did and it worked exceptionally well.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Yep. 3% to listing agent, 3% to buyer's agent.
      Ok just making sure it wasn’t 6% to each.
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
        Ok just making sure it wasn’t 6% to each.
        Yup, Brent is correct. They way they sell it (realtors) is that they only get 3%, but it's 6% total at closing. If you are selling your property then you can negotiate your realtors commission. When the market was bad several years ago you could get 1% all day long, but now that the market is back up most want the full 3%. Though if you look hard enough or know someone they will do it for 1%-1.5% since the market has started to cool somewhat and the realtor business is now saturated with realtors.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I quoted from them, and used it as a bargaining chip with offers. I wish Nate was still around, he was spectacular. I called 4 realtors when listing my house, and building a new one. The card I picked up at the builder was the only one that answered the phone, and none of the other three even returned my call. Turns out, the guy has been into SCCA racing for years, was a engineer working in the automotive industry before getting moved to Texas and laid off. We got along really well, and still do.

Phil busted his ass getting my house sold. He was getting paid by the builder out of their advertising budget, and he was very helpful with dealing with them, too. Open door was $15k more in fees and whatnot than we ended up getting with traditional realtors.

I would call and chat with him, have him do his thing, and see what you think. He had my house on every way of listing I think is even possible, and had it with some programs for buyers that cant meet traditional financing (self employed, etc) that the 1% we-put-it-on-mls listers dont care about.

Phil Green
          817-313-8713
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Yep. 3% to listing agent, 3% to buyer's agent.
            It really is negotiable and this is a seller's market so i think paying 6% is robbery.

As far as opendoor goes, i have rentals. I want to buy more rentals but i keep seeing opendoor homes on my street that I would have bought had i known they were for sale.

Sell your house without a realtor.

Pm me your address and what you are wanting $?
            2006 Civic SI
            2009 Pilot
            1988 GT
            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Or you can make the buyer pay all realtors fees.. they’ll try to tell you what standard practice is and beat you down with paperwork until you’re just tired of it all and start signing stuff.

It’s your stuff you don’t have to do anything. A good realtor IMO will draft up your paperwork exactly how you want it done. Not ‘standard practice’ or how they think it should be done.

Comment

The reason we were considering it is the no showings BS. Having 3 dogs, and neither of us close enough during the day to come get them, makes it hard to let people come see the house on their schedule.

They did reply, about 14K under what the agent thinks she could easily sell it for (20K under what she feels we could get for top $ price), then the fees are about 2K higher than hers. So, in the end, not going to use them.

Comment

I’ve got 4 dogs and understand. We just put them in the back yard and told the realtor(s) no one is allowed in the backyard. Granted our house sold in a day. So we didn’t have to deal with it for too long. I also have a shop and told them no one is allowed in the shop. Just stand your ground.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    The reason we were considering it is the no showings BS. Having 3 dogs, and neither of us close enough during the day to come get them, makes it hard to let people come see the house on their schedule.

They did reply, about 14K under what the agent thinks she could easily sell it for (20K under what she feels we could get for top $ price), then the fees are about 2K higher than hers. So, in the end, not going to use them.
                    You've gotta be honest though, even worst case leaving $22k on the table, it must be tempting after your last experience and to forget all of that headache.. Imagine, just choose when you want to close and you're essentially done.

Comment

Shit...have you already signed up to piss 6% away on an overpriced agent?

If you're in the dfw...itll sell quickly regardless of who lists it. Save the money. You're saying no to opendoor to save what...4-6K? Why not say no to a typical agent to save another 6-10K?

Nut up and flat fee list it. Most agents are a bigger pain than going it alone on a market this hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        You've gotta be honest though, even worst case leaving $22k on the table, it must be tempting after your last experience and to forget all of that headache.. Imagine, just choose when you want to close and you're essentially done.
                        Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Shit...have you already signed up to piss 6% away on an overpriced agent?

If you're in the dfw...itll sell quickly regardless of who lists it. Save the money. You're saying no to opendoor to save what...4-6K? Why not say no to a typical agent to save another 6-10K?

Nut up and flat fee list it. Most agents are a bigger pain than going it alone on a market this hot.
                        Our exact thoughts. Is may be worth the $ left on the table after our last experience of selling. It's not that the house couldn't have sold, it was our stupid realtor that never told us of the offers until after we fired her.

I can't leave the 2 of the dogs in the back yard, one would probably dig a hole under the fence to get to the neighbors dogs, and they would be fighting and growling at each other all day if I left them alone out there for 8 hours.

Comment

Our exact thoughts. Is may be worth the $ left on the table after our last experience of selling. It's not that the house couldn't have sold, it was our stupid realtor that never told us of the offers until after we fired her.

I can't leave the 2 of the dogs in the back yard, one would probably dig a hole under the fence to get to the neighbors dogs, and they would be fighting and growling at each other all day if I left them alone out there for 8 hours.
                          Yeah, you could board your dogs for a month and still be making thousands more than selling to open door or listing with an agent.

Comment

Selling agents are worthless because 99% of contracts are on a standard form or a slightly marked up standard form. They literally have nothing to do besides list the property, cash checks and answer dumb questions. It is the laziest money in the real estate business and they are the first ones to be back at work at Taco Bell once the market goes away. Paying these people 3% is absolutely absurd but if you confront them they will have all kinds of reasons why their fee is reasonable. There is an old saying that "Every profession is a conspiracy against the leity". It means the professionals try to keep the information in their business proprietary and try to defend it by making the job sound harder than it is so the common person won't realized they are getting fucked. That expression describes listing agents perfectly.

In the commercial business we pay these pricks hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars at a time to do jack shit. Literally they do nothing but know people and act like they helped with a sale. It really is unbelievable.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Rob, I totally get not boarding the dogs or leaving them alone, but when selling your home, you're in control. You can set your schedule with your realtor, like only have showings on the weekends during a certain time. Of course your realtor will tell you you could be losing potential buyers but I don't buy that. The markets hot and the weekends are busy too.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Yeah, I won't board our dogs, and we can say only show on weekends or nights, but it's still a PITA. We still have to find a house we really like too, which is difficult. I am being picky about it, as we love this house, just want to get closer to work, and away from the stupid train on 377. Worst case, we stay here and pay the house off in 10 years, it won't kill me to stay here.

Comment

Working...
                                X