New to me Old sh*tty 20 year old truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    I can hear it from here. It wants an lq4/lq9.

Its for the best.
    WH

Comment

Nice score.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Shit dude. Now you have me shopping for a 2 door to daily.

Best place to look?

Found one for $8900 with 133k miles at a dealer. Its a base model with everything manual which I'm totally ok with. Very clean.

If I get one ill just leave the suspension on the Burban and put new tires on it and just use it for family hauling.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

That's a solid deal man for 130k 4wd or not. Mine was 6200+dealer fee+ Florida plates was exactly 7k.
          I've driven it about 1k on it so far and it's only thrown an EGR code, turned out to be a clogged vacuum hose. Also the exhaust manifolds where cracking. 140 dollar fix.

I probably would have paid upwards of 7500+TTL ect.. Clean ones are going for anywhere from 6k low side to 10k high side. Custom ones (LS swap) and very low mileage 0-60k miles ones are 10k+ all day.

All in all I'd never thought I'd be soo happy with a truck 20+ years old.. I feel like I bought a raptor or something..

Just run the vin before you buy it. I wouldn't own anything with over 4 owners but that's just me.

Best place to look? Everywhere. They are getting damn rare for a good one. You may need to travel a little but they should be all over Texas.

Check the ball joints and pitman arm. At 130k they are due to be replaced. The ball joints are riveted in so its more of a pain to change, may be the same on your burb.

This one is really more my style but out of my price range..LS swap.
          Last edited by FunFordCobra; 12-27-2016, 06:52 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X