Lets try this again...........M715

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    Thanks. Yeah f'ing driveshafts are no joke. Going 1410 yokes all the way around and solid u joints, should be ready monday. Had to get those built and balanced to see where that damn cross member needs to go in there. Pulled the doubler back out last night since it didn't completely pull up flush with the 4L80e. Stupid little 3/8's bolts on the nose are going to need a little clearancing, or I am looking for low profile ones. I would rather do that then clearance the bearing support plate.

Brake lines, air filter, and some other nickel and dime pieces are on the way. I was going to buy a winter Jeep in case we have bad weather this year but this one may actually get done in time. Would need ARB lockers before I would drive it on ice though. That will be my biggest expense I have left. Anyone got the hook up on Optimas! I hate them but they are going to fit perfectly.
    Check with EW for Optimas.

If you find a hookup on the ARBs, please let me know. I'm going to be pulling the trigger on lockers and gears for my truck pretty soon. So damn expensive, though. The good thing is that I already have the onboard air (and even an ARB manifold) already installed and ready to go. I even have the switches and wiring installed.

Comment

Go big or go home right! Just a shout out to Drivetrain of Mesquite. Guys never disappoint when I need something. We talked for about an hour last week on doing 1410's all the way around, extending one shaft, shortening the other, and misc other items. He took my 1310 front yoke, measured it, then machined down the 1410 yoke a tad so it would work with factory seals in front, the rear was an off the shelf part. I was worried about clearance in front but we changed it and it worked. He used some seriously heavy duty stuff to build that back shaft. We also flipped the front shaft for more clearance over whatever brace I decided to go with for the tranny. He did mention he was tired of doing all this work and no one ever coming by and showing him the rigs afterward. Now I need to find some low profile 3/8 x 7/8 bolts or have my front bearing carrier milled a little. It just touches the head of the bolts when sinched up to the 4L80e(AL caught this). My brake lines I ordered actually fit also but may need to do something else. At least I know the sizes I need now. Anyone know of a custom brake line shop? I wouldn't mind dropping all the pieces off and measurements and just having a shop knock out some flexible lines. It's the little stuff. The General Sales Manager for Trophy Nissan was trying to swap me a car for it. I told him to build his own, he is a huge offroad guy.

Shifter work.

​​​​​​
      Last edited by kingjason; 09-26-2017, 08:39 PM.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Winch on,new speakers, high-lift on, lights wired in, ARB compressor and lines headed my way for the lockers. Ehh, I got distracted by my winter Jeep.

Oh and my fuel delivery pieces are in just got to figure out how to mount it back there. Bronco tank, skid plate, new sender etc. I also will be tossing the factory Bronco pump and got a Walbro 255 LPH, since I am not interested in pulling the tank later if I add any power to the 6.0. Not even sure the facotry pump would have been enough for stock.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Had to buy some things I have been putting off to long.Cut my brackets like a champ. I did decide to tile the counter after this pic. The slow burning embers made me nervous.

Fuel system is done. This is the tried and trued method of putting a real fuel pump in a bronco tank. The filter sets perfectly at the bottom in the little indention. four days off I am going to try to get some real progress done. I figured out the cross member debacle the other day so hopefully that little hurdle is squared away. Most of the rest should be easy. Anyone need a free Bronco fuel pump cartridge and all?

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Looking pretty good. Some kinda big steps underneath each door.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              Looking pretty good. Some kinda big steps underneath each door.
              The stirrup steps work pretty good. Going to cut down some amps eventually.

Cross member-check, gas tank in check, now to disassemble and start putting back together and tidying up things I was just throwing in for measurements. Not going to lie I really should of put the TQ converter in the first time. Oh well. Plus everytime I mess with something it needs a tweak. I almost dropped a cool G on it yesterday and it should have been everything to finish it up. Of course two optima s are half of that.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
              X