Driving skills, do you have them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving skills, do you have them?

Power slides, donuts, drifting and all of that, how many of you can do them with really good car control?

I have to admit, most of my driving life, I've always been abit of candyass when it comes to driving my cars really hard other than a straightline. I think I've done a donut maybe twice and probably wasn't all that good and little fishtails around a few corners here and there. It might be because most of my cars have been foxbodies and felt like they would spin out without trying too hard. haha.

But then I see this videos of guys like Jeremy Clarkson being able to control powerslide a car as long as they want to and it looks like a shitload of fun. So many people talk about having the "driving mod" but how many people can actually drive with that kind of good control? I love to learn how to do it, thats for sure.

i cant even drive to work when its raining outside.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

When I first learned to drive, I tore the crap outta my first car: Burnouts, J's, minor Power slides (coming out of corner), and hand-brake turns. Fortunately, it was a "cheap" car and tires were even cheaper.

Now that I'm older, a little wiser and a penny-pincher. I haven't done any of that. I'd love to go to one of those driving schools and learn all those skills to a more honed degree (and probably a lot better). More so that it'd make me a better driver when the "unknown" happens on the road, not for show-boating.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

not for nothin' but i can ghost ride the whip like no other!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I figured you'd be great at donuts.

herp derp

Comment

I don't drive much anymore and take the commuter train instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              i cant even drive to work when its raining outside.

god bless.
              Oh, and to your point, I don't like driving in the rain anymore. I guess I pussified on the road.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I used to beat on my cars when I was in my teens, and could control most of it, but definitely lost it a few times.

I've seen too many blow up, break, or crash videos since then to try it any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post

herp derp
                  eating them yes, driving them, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post

herp derp
                    i lol'd!

god bless.

Comment

Same here, every day was full of those type of antics when I was younger. Not so much now.

Comment

My teenage years lead to many tickets, tires and body panels.......So yes!

I'm scared to even spin my tires through an intersection now.
                        Ded

Comment

Back when I didnt mind fixing my car I could drive anything with wheels. Now I am old and cheap so... not so much.
                          Originally posted by Sean88gt
                          As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

I do power slides and drifts in a fwd car.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              I do power slides and drifts in a fwd car.
                              You need to get that on video. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X