No announcement yet.

1969 Mustang Coupe build/restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, between driving 50 miles each way to get an FE motor and trans from Homealone and the off and on rain, I did manage to get the plasma torch out for a few mins today.
    Drivers floor pan is out and just needs some trim work before I can weld in the new full length pan.
    The pass side as some sporadic holes as well. Come cowl/firewall plugs have rotted out over the years and the under layment was holding moisture.

I guess I will need to trim a little piece off the new pan to cover the gap here. There is plenty to trim off.

Comment

Ok guys, need an opinion.

Gauges:
      Dakota VHX

Year one with my own selection of auto meter pro comp gauges

Custom fabbed aluminum bezel

The vhx is $700 to 750
      The year one with autometer stuff is $600 to $1k depending on cost of gauges (new or used)
      Custom is $100 cheaper but mucho work. Plus is I get to make the layout whatever I want.

Comment

Vhx, those looks tits
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

What is the FE going in?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            What is the FE going in?
            Haven't decided yet.
            I have a 1987 Bronco that is a candidate. I have always wanted a 60's Ford pickup so maybe I run across one needing a drivetrain.
            Either way, the fe is getting an overhaul, 4.05 bore, 3.98 to 4.25 stroke crank and some other goodies in the meantime.

Comment

Little late on the response but nobody wants to see my junk build. I kinda like the year one with auto meter gauges.

Comment

The crap weather has been limiting what I can do but there has been a little progress.

C4 transmission is done. Full rebuild with stage 2 shift kit.

Custom PTC 10" converter. 2700 to 2800 stall.

B&M stealth pro ratchet shifter.

Plus all new power steering components. New control valve, power cylinder and new hoses. I also picked up some glass shelby scoops to replace the faux vent ornaments in front of the rear wheels.

Comment

Managed to get a little work done today.

Comment

Looks good, I dig the GW export brace.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Yeah. I am really liking the brace. Much stronger than stock. I figured it would help quite a bit with 450 ft lbs of torque

Comment

Now I have to figure out the front suspension. I did the Shelby drop and cut a full coil and the front is still 2 inches higher than the rear.

Comment

Give it time it might settle, or do what I did. I accidentally ordered 65-66 620#, 1" lowering springs for my 68. It sits lower then the previous setup with sagging, stock springs and a shelby drop. It rides good, looks great, and my tires no longer hit the fender.

Edit: the new springs only worked with control arms at factory height. For shits and giggles I tried the 65-66 lowering springs with the Shelby drop and the tires were hitting the fenders before the car all the way off the lift.

Here is a pic of me rolling in to Good Guys, I'm on "group 4" near the middle of the page, orange 68 Cougar. http://www.photosportsusa.com/photos...x-march-20-22/.
                          Last edited by cool cat; 04-13-2015, 05:51 AM.

Comment

I know I have to bounce mine around and turn the wheels back and forth to get it to settle. I'd give it time or run some 620's trimmed to desired height.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I used those wheels on a customers car. Black 67 notch. I had the centers powdercoated semi-gloss black and cut the spinners off of the center caps. What size tire are you running?

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              Give it time it might settle, or do what I did. I accidentally ordered 65-66 620#, 1" lowering springs for my 68. It sits lower then the previous setup with sagging, stock springs and a shelby drop. It rides good, looks great, and my tires no longer hit the fender.

Edit: the new springs only worked with control arms at factory height. For shits and giggles I tried the 65-66 lowering springs with the Shelby drop and the tires were hitting the fenders before the car all the way off the lift.

Here is a pic of me rolling in to Good Guys, I'm on "group 4" near the middle of the page, orange 68 Cougar. http://www.photosportsusa.com/photos...x-march-20-22/.

Comment

It settled a little overnight. I did roll it back about 8 ft and back forward. Maybe I will wait till I get the fluids in and drive it around the block.

Comment

Working...
                                X