No announcement yet.

Pro Star Collision in Mesquite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That isn't factory, I am betting your car has a previous hail repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
      Looks like the hood needs sanded and buffed, looks like shrinkback to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        That pic isn't of the factory issue. That is from the paint repair done last year. The factory issue is VERY apparent. My trunk has large areas that are almost solid white. What pisses me off about this whole deal is that I pointed these areas out a year ago and they refused to fix them. Now, I have to have a second paint repair done. At some point, this thing is going to look like a hodge podge of paint work.
        Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
        Looks like the hood needs sanded and buffed, looks like shrinkback to me.
        Glad to know it can probably be fixed. I need to clean it up and get a better picture of it. Is this something that I may have caused? Or something not done properly during the paint process?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Oh, I got a return call from Honda Cars NA tonight. My main reason for calling was to verify that they had to use a dealership based body shop. Unfortunately they are more concerned with the way the dealership has handled this, right now, than helping me get it taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            That pic isn't of the factory issue. That is from the paint repair done last year. The factory issue is VERY apparent. My trunk has large areas that are almost solid white. What pisses me off about this whole deal is that I pointed these areas out a year ago and they refused to fix them. Now, I have to have a second paint repair done. At some point, this thing is going to look like a hodge podge of paint work.Glad to know it can probably be fixed. I need to clean it up and get a better picture of it. Is this something that I may have caused? Or something not done properly during the paint process?

Shrinkback is a pretty common deal, as the chemicals cure out of the paint (which can take up to 60-90 days to fully cure), the paint losses its "volume" I guess you could say and it shrinks back. Pretty common in high volume speed shops where materials don't get enough time to cure out before the next layer is put on.

Comment

Sounds like they need a Pro Star ass whoopn

Comment

Missed the part on the work had been done. Shaggin is correct.

Comment

Well, this saga continues. I called a little over a month ago to drop my car off for, yet more paint work. Now the trunk lid and tops of both quarter panels are turning white. All areas that I reported previously, that they told me were going to have the issue, but were not developed enough for Honda to take care of. It seems that the dealership I used the first time around is either completely incompetent or doesn't wan't to deal with the issue. They had trouble communicating what I needed to do to get my issue taken care of, and are now claiming that Honda no longer allows them to use an outside body shop and they have to send me to a dealership with a body shop on site.

Here is what is going on with the hood. You can see the "circle" around the reflection of my head. I haven't looked at it extensively, however, these are all on the drivers side of the hood.
                  The circles you are talking about in the picture are sand scratches from a DA machine sander that was used to re-surface the areas of concern the first time. They did not use a 2K urethane primer after they DA sanded the areas and followed that up with a 2K sealer before applying the BC/CC, thus leading to "shrink back" or "die back" as its is commonly called.
                  It could be wet sanded and buffed out if there is enough clear coat on it, but it will most likely still be visible especially on that dark colored car.
                  The white areas that you are referring too are probably where they blended the panels or where cheap primer is "crow footing" but this can also be caused by cheap single stage enamel paint.

In either case, they are making go thru a shit load of red tape to get you to go away (give up). A new shop doesn't want to deal with it and the original shop doesn't care enough to offer to warranty up their shit work...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    The circles you are talking about in the picture are sand scratches from a DA machine sander that was used to re-surface the areas of concern the first time. They did not use a 2K urethane primer after they DA sanded the areas and followed that up with a 2K sealer before applying the BC/CC, thus leading to "shrink back" or "die back" as its is commonly called.
                    It could be wet sanded and buffed out if there is enough clear coat on it, but it will most likely still be visible especially on that dark colored car.
                    The white areas that you are referring too are probably where they blended the panels or where cheap primer is "crow footing" but this can also be caused by cheap single stage enamel paint.

In either case, they are making go thru a shit load of red tape to get you to go away (give up). A new shop doesn't want to deal with it and the original shop doesn't care enough to offer to warranty up their shit work...

The white areas are an issue from the factory paint. Honda extended the paint warranty on this generation Civic, for certain colors, to 7 years from date of original purchase. These aren't directly related to the repair done last year, that was on the hood/front fenders and now it is on the truck/tops of the rear quarters. The paint/clear on the rear had started showing signs of this issue happening when I took it in for the first repair, however, the guy at the paint shop said that Honda wouldn't warrant it until it started turning white (basically).

We will see how this progresses when Honda Cars NA calls me after they talk with the dealership. My issue goes well beyond the way this dealership has handled the situation and more to the fact that Honda Cars NA is throwing a band aid at a moving target. When, they should have had the car completely repainted to begin with. The car was painted, on all panels, with the same batch of material. So it is a pretty safe to assume that if the flat surfaces in one area develop the problem, the rest of them are going to develop the same problem. Though, I guess they are hedging their bets with the time limit on the paint warranty. Fix one area now and hope the rest don't turn before the time limit expires.

Comment

The white areas are an issue from the factory paint. Honda extended the paint warranty on this generation Civic, for certain colors, to 7 years from date of original purchase. These aren't directly related to the repair done last year, that was on the hood/front fenders and now it is on the truck/tops of the rear quarters. The paint/clear on the rear had started showing signs of this issue happening when I took it in for the first repair, however, the guy at the paint shop said that Honda wouldn't warrant it until it started turning white (basically).

We will see how this progresses when Honda Cars NA calls me after they talk with the dealership. My issue goes well beyond the way this dealership has handled the situation and more to the fact that Honda Cars NA is throwing a band aid at a moving target. When, they should have had the car completely repainted to begin with. The car was painted, on all panels, with the same batch of material. So it is a pretty safe to assume that if the flat surfaces in one area develop the problem, the rest of them are going to develop the same problem. Though, I guess they are hedging their bets with the time limit on the paint warranty. Fix one area now and hope the rest don't turn before the time limit expires.
                      I understand now, this thread is old and I didn't remember the original problem, makes sense now.
                      And yes, car mfgs. don't want to dole out money for warranties. In this case the warranty only applies for original owners and they hope you sell the car or give up on applying for warranty work. I applaud you for your resilience, but be prepared for a long band of red tape and the clock is ticking...
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I understand now, this thread is old and I didn't remember the original problem, makes sense now.
                        And yes, car mfgs. don't want to dole out money for warranties. In this case the warranty only applies for original owners and they hope you sell the car or give up on applying for warranty work. I applaud you for your resilience, but be prepared for a long band of red tape and the clock is ticking...
                        No worries, I figured as much and didn't mind going back through what all had transpired. Thankfully, this warranty extension didn't apply to just the original owner, I'm the second owner and I can't wait to be rid of this turd. I used to swear by Honda's for small fuel efficient cars, but this thing has shown me that their quality has shit the bed over the last 2 decades.

Comment

All Japanese cars are turds, and it goes from bad to worse, Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Mitsuibishi. The Korean Kia and Hyndai were bad but have come around some in the last couple of years.

Comment

All Japanese cars are turds, and it goes from bad to worse, Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Mitsuibishi. The Korean Kia and Hyndai were bad but have come around some in the last couple of years.
                            That Kia Stinger GT is pretty sharp in person.

Comment

Working...
                            X