DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #21
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Still not luvin da police...
Posts: 32,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
The Edge is too small imo, especially for any kind of travel.
You're right about that, the back seats don't offer any room unless you move the front seats forward a bit. There is room in the back cargo area if you lay down the rear seat but other than that not to much.
I rented a MKX (Lincolns Edge) and went to Monroe LA for a couple of days, it was alright, that particular model had the 3.7 V-6 FWD and it was fairly nimble, better than the Edge Sport in power if you can believe that, I think the additional weight of the AWD really took away from the powa in the Edge Sport.

Like I mentioned, I could have my arm twisted on the ST if has spectacular power numbers, but at this price point the Exploder Sport and the 5.0 GT are in the running...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #22
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfodysvn View Post
I also have an 18 with the stx package. It's by far the best deal on a new f150 with those option. Mine requirements were crew cab, 4x4, rear air. I ended up with more than I expected with the sync system. 20s, and no chrome was huge for me. Also made them install a trailer brake controller for free. I've had a few trucks and the 2.7 EB power is better than any truck older than 2010 I've had.

I get almost 18mpg city only and 22mpg going 80 on hwy.

Ended up leasing it because the payment was insanely cheap at 285 out the door with 0 down. I could have bought it outright for 32.5. With how expensive trucks are these days it was a good price. The xlt doesn't add much over this truck.

Back on topic having been in the explorer vs thr truck there is 0 reason I would choose the sport over the truck. Especially st that price of a new sport
What are the details on that lease? I'm dying to get out of my civic, and really need a truck for what I do, though I tend to stack on the miles

OP

We have a '17 explorer with the 2.3L Ecoboost, and I'm not mad at it. It has plenty of pep for getting on and off the interstate. We average 20-21 MPG with it. Our edge with the 3.5L (NA) only got 18-19 MPG. We have been extremely happy with it. Seating can get tight in the 3rd row for grown adults, and it doesn't leave much room for luggage if taking a trip with 6 passengers. We would have preferred the sport, however, we ended up with an ecoboost XLT, it had all of the features the wife wanted and saved some $$$. Disclaimer: We do not have cow skin rugs, so that was a factor in our decision.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #23
akfodysvn
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lawrence, ks
Posts: 1,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
What are the details on that lease? I'm dying to get out of my civic, and really need a truck for what I do, though I tend to stack on the miles
Its 11k a yr for 2 yrs. I only drive 8k a yr right now.

I sold myself as paying sales tax on a purchase is the same as 1 yr of the lease.

I get all the benefits of a new truck and half the payment.
akfodysvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #24
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,017
Default

Thats not bad. I need to look into their milage tiers. Right now I probably drive 12k or so to and from work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #25
Ruffdaddy
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfodysvn View Post
Its 11k a yr for 2 yrs. I only drive 8k a yr right now.

I sold myself as paying sales tax on a purchase is the same as 1 yr of the lease.

I get all the benefits of a new truck and half the payment.
That does sound like an awesome deal. I pay 450/mo after putting like 12K down. But then again in a few years I'll own it outright. For some people leases are great (my wife), but for me I typically hold on to things a little longer and will only get near maybe 6K miles a year.

Either way I agree that these trucks are great deals. I got 11K off sticker. I wasnt even considering the purchase because they stickered so stupid high. Then I saw the massive rebates.
Ruffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:12 PM   #26
Craizie
Cracka
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,309
Default

Man up and get the Expedition MAX!
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #27
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Still not luvin da police...
Posts: 32,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
Man up and get the Expedition MAX!
haha, I had a Navigator, no need for that much room anymore, but I feel the Explorer is a little larger than the Edge, so it make it makes my decision a little easier.
I really want a new Mustang and almost pulled the trigger twice, the first one had some transport damage and I didn't want a damaged car, especially at the $50k price point, it better be perfect. The second one doesn't have the B&O sound system with a CD player, so scratch that off, I like listening to CD's.
Though after last weekend, I decided I need to be able to transport more than a few people, things and the Stangs just ain't cutting it.

I might buy the Exploder Sport and wait for the new SVT Cobra and buy that, that could be my Swan Song car to get me thru my silver years...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #28
Mike
Hi
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
The wife has a Limited and its a terrific vehicle.
Same.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #29
BradM
Bad Santa
 
BradM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Same.
Is it fixed yet?
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #30
Mike
Hi
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
Is it fixed yet?
Not yet... Ill text you
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:20 PM   #31
Big A
Lifer
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 43,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
haha, I had a Navigator, no need for that much room anymore, but I feel the Explorer is a little larger than the Edge, so it make it makes my decision a little easier.
I really want a new Mustang and almost pulled the trigger twice, the first one had some transport damage and I didn't want a damaged car, especially at the $50k price point, it better be perfect. The second one doesn't have the B&O sound system with a CD player, so scratch that off, I like listening to CD's.
Though after last weekend, I decided I need to be able to transport more than a few people, things and the Stangs just ain't cutting it.

I might buy the Exploder Sport and wait for the new SVT Cobra and buy that, that could be my Swan Song car to get me thru my silver years...
I love my Mustang, blower and all, but if I didn't have another vehicle I wouldn't have gotten it. I deal with the back seat solely because my son loves to ride with me, otherwise I'll take the X4 if I'm rolling 2 or more deep.

If I had to get something else, and didn't have another ride, at this point I'd be looking at a crew-cab with a blown 5.0 if it had to be Ford, otherwise I'd be rolling an X6M.
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #32
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Still not luvin da police...
Posts: 32,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
I love my Mustang, blower and all, but if I didn't have another vehicle I wouldn't have gotten it. I deal with the back seat solely because my son loves to ride with me, otherwise I'll take the X4 if I'm rolling 2 or more deep.

If I had to get something else, and didn't have another ride, at this point I'd be looking at a crew-cab with a blown 5.0 if it had to be Ford, otherwise I'd be rolling an X6M.
I hear ya, but I need another Mustang like I need another hole in the head. I know what most will say, "you can't have too many Mustangs". I just need something else to pimp and keep the miles low on my other Stangs.


The price of SUV's and Crossovers are redunkulous, I would love a MB or BMW but I already have a problem paying mid 40's for a loaded out '18 Explorer. Same goes for a loaded out F-150/F-250 or Raptor, some of those vehicles have a MSRP of over $70K. And that brings me to the price of a X5M or X6M, not paying a hundo thousand for a few tenths over a tOOn'd Explorer Sport...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #33
akfodysvn
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lawrence, ks
Posts: 1,863
Default

At least the trucks won't depreciate like the escape and explorers. I consider them to be throw away vehicles like the Acadia and terrain
akfodysvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #34
Ruffdaddy
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfodysvn View Post
At least the trucks won't depreciate like the escape and explorers. I consider them to be throw away vehicles like the Acadia and terrain
Explorers actually don't appreciate nearly as much as a crappy gmc product. I was surprised how well mine retained value even after big time hail damage.
Ruffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:46 PM   #35
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Still not luvin da police...
Posts: 32,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfodysvn View Post
At least the trucks won't depreciate like the escape and explorers. I consider them to be throw away vehicles like the Acadia and terrain
Not sure where your getting your information on the Explorer (no comment on the Escape or GMs) after 4 & 5 years the Explorer Sport is right at half of MSRP, so to me that indicates loe depreciation and great resale value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
Explorers actually don't appreciate nearly as much as a crappy gmc product. I was surprised how well mine retained value even after big time hail damage.
Uggg, I have to agree with you...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #36
akfodysvn
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lawrence, ks
Posts: 1,863
Default

You're you're the sport does hold value pretty good but I see other models for dime a dozen. My main point should have been than crew cab pick ups in general have some of the best resale value. They suffer little depreciation. However a truck just may not interest you. 3.5 or 5.0 with a little money would be plenty of fun.

Guys at work who bought new 1 and 2 years ago are fielding calls every month from dealers asking to buy their used truck to put on their lot.

I think I would be unhappy in the explorer.

It will be f7n only for a short period of time assuming you are riding 4+. They are small. If ts rare to have more than 2 then I think you'll be fine.

Would be fun to sleep on some people with but if you want a fast SUV there are better options.
akfodysvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:54 PM   #37
90MarkVII
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
I do like the Edge ST, I saw it at the Auto Show earlier this yearit looks very nice. It looks like almost the same power as the 3.5 TT in the Explorer Sport. It looks like Ford Performance put a factory tune in it to achieve those numbers. Its probably going to be around the same price too and will require premium and no Brembos and I'm not sure they will be an option. Same interior as the stock Edge as they haven't had a refresh yet, except for the body cladding. As you can tell I've given the two a serious thought...
Unless Ford has changed things from the 3.5, all Fords with the V6 and front wheel/AWD have an internal water pump that when it goes, it takes the entire engine with it.
If you intend to buy the Edge, but sell/trade before the engine warranty expires, goferit.
90MarkVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:53 PM   #38
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people
 
lincolnboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Making Caking, Wyoming
Posts: 3,582
Default

So far my Grand Cherokee has been great just wish it ws a bit wider. ( having twins makes it a bit cramped )
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:26 AM   #39
Gasser64
Lifer
 
Gasser64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
Is it fixed yet?
hahaha
__________________
WAAAH HAAAA!!!
Gasser64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #40
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,664
Default

Mel has a 16 Explorer Limited, and it's her favorite among vehicles she has owned. She wishes she had bought the Sport model. This one is borderline dangerous if you have to lean on the go pedal to merge.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boosted 32idgaf, henry likes big guys, nay ask 2 drive moms car, nay does, nay luv crn vic backseat, nay nds dick pics asap, nay wrecked moms credit, naynay can't afford, nays preferred ride

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:25 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.