Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    CJ's ar15-

What? Thats what the forward assist is for.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm always afraid that if I take my rifles down for cleaning I will never get them back together correctly, the pistol is easy breezy though.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        I have 19 weapons that need to be cleaned. It's kind of gotten out of hand.
        Wow lol

Comment

Oh hell I hate cleaning guns. I clean my rifles twice a year, once before deer and again after. My shot guns once a year after duck. My pistols...most every time I shoot them. If you wait till January/February, I might be down for a cleaning party.

And lets keep in mind that several guns, especially shotguns require cleaning differently. Especially the semi auto's that work on gas. Just wanted to point that out before a few well meant tips ends up hurting more that helping.
          Last edited by BlackSnake; 11-18-2010, 06:06 PM.
          Photobucket

Comment

What? Thats what the forward assist is for.
            Does that actually still work? Holy shit.

When I first bought my AR, I bought 500 rounds of Wolf because I didn't know any better at the time.

After I shot and bumpfired about 300 rounds through it (2nd time I shot it) it would not let me bumpfire anymore. It would shoot regular semi-auto just fine. So the Wolf ammo was extremely dirty I learned first hand, and actually affected its usability. Its crazy if yours still works with all that junk built up on there. I have a DPMS AR15, so I'm not sure how a Saber, Colt, Bushmaster, etc.. may handle if they had better parts or something. I should add I don't try to bumpfire all the time, I was just having fun when I first got it and surprised when I found a limitation so quickly.
            WRX

Comment

CJ's ar15-

Ewww

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                Holy Shit!!
                Is that thing lubed with bearing grease????
                The AR15 above was the product of an experiment on AR15.com

The guy shot 15,000 rounds without cleaning, and only sprayed a squirt of lube in it every 1000 rounds. At 14,000 rounds, a bolt lug actually sheared off. 1,000 rounds later another one came off, so he stopped the experiment.... but the rifle still worked!
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I absolutely hate cleaning guns, call me irresponsible, but I just never seem to find the time to clean my guns. Am I the only one that has the affliction? Thinking about having a little get together to clean shit and gossip. I have more than enough cleaning supplies.
                  I am down, I just picked up some boresnakes for 7.62 and 5.56 so im down this shit makes days go in seconds in cleaning.
                  First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I guess my military time warped my mind. I clean my guns right after shooting. And then after I get home I really clean them. I also clean and inspect every 6-8 weeks even if I don't shoot. My guns are the cleanest things in the house. CLP is one of my favorite fragrances.

Comment

I clean em after every shoot. Some of the ammo we fire can be pretty corrosive.

Comment

CJ....We should be able to host a barbeque/build/cleaning party at my place in the garage on the 9th of January. I should have a solvent tank and a small air pancake air compressor running by then also. The garage will be wired in with twice the lighting it has now and the above ceiling in the attic insulated to hold in the heat coming out of the 2ton split unit. I should also have the TV and surround sound hooked up in there also. Now if I can just find a big brass pole someone can bring the strippers.
                        Last edited by KBScobravert; 11-19-2010, 12:36 AM.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner View Post
                          I clean em after every shoot. Some of the ammo we fire can be pretty corrosive.
                          x2, If I am going to shoot, I make sure I have enough time to clean them right then and there.

Comment

The AR15 above was the product of an experiment on AR15.com

The guy shot 15,000 rounds without cleaning, and only sprayed a squirt of lube in it every 1000 rounds. At 14,000 rounds, a bolt lug actually sheared off. 1,000 rounds later another one came off, so he stopped the experiment.... but the rifle still worked!
                            It even looks like it has the purple/pink bearing grease still in the bcg....

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              I guess my military time warped my mind. I clean my guns right after shooting. And then after I get home I really clean them. I also clean and inspect every 6-8 weeks even if I don't shoot. My guns are the cleanest things in the house. CLP is one of my favorite fragrances.
                              CLP FTW! Had a buddy of mine squirt some in a solo cup while he was cleaning. It ate through the cup and some of the table. Good shit!

Comment

I got 6 myself to clean that have not been cleaned in 3 range trips.

Comment

Working...
                                X