No announcement yet.

Motorcyclist killed after running into 18-wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if he was drunk or something, cause that makes people do stupid things. I'm so glad I get rides home these days when drunk and I don't even ride a bike.

Unless the news is straight out lying, which happens, it sure sounds like he was running.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

You two being pricks, knock that shit off, that guy just lost a friend.
      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
        You two being pricks, knock that shit off, that guy just lost a friend.
        no shit, some people just like being assholes just because. and this forum has always been over crowded with them.

and much as hate some of the idiots that ride sport bikes, i do not wish death on anyone.
        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by GARS04 View Post
          Just FYI - I knew the guy very well, he actually worked for me for a couple years before going to Home Depot where he worked his way up from a part time night stocker to assistant manager in a very short time, he was a very hard worker and just a awesome person to hang out with. It was not in his character to run from the cops, me yes...him no. I know he wasn't trying to run. I can't stand the news, this is a perfect expample of making something out of nothing. He was an inexperienced rider that made a bad decision on riding outside of his limits, nothing more. He had only had the bike a few months. Im sure if he saw the cop coming he would have pulled over gladly.

Very sad day....Just found out it was him late last evening.

RIP brother....
          Sorry to hear about your buddy, Rich. RIP to the fallen rider, we've all done stupid shit on our bikes, sucks he didn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
            no shit, some people just like being assholes just because. and this forum has always been over crowded with them.

and much as hate some of the idiots that ride sport bikes, i do not wish death on anyone.
            it is sad to hear. Of course u never wish it upon someone. U just hope others can learn from stories like this. Do not ride outside ur comfort zone. I am still a noob to riding myself and while I won't say I always follow the speed limit I try to be as careful as I can. Partly to do with the fact I have a CDL and that is my lively hood so it keeps me slowed down pretty well. Just be careful out there guys. A ticket is not worth ur life.

Originally posted by UserX View Post
            Sorry to hear about your buddy, Rich. RIP to the fallen rider, we've all done stupid shit on our bikes, sucks he didn't make it.
            This is true
            99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
            going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

One of the problems about going fast is that the bike is lying to you. It feels stable as all hell when going in a straight line, but as soon as you need to immediately change direction/speed - then the lie is revealed. If you arent aware of your limitations, or have rationalized it out ahead of time, you're marked before you even twist the throttle.

I know my max before I even sit on the seat. Will that alone keep me alive? No - I can die just as easily at 20mph as I can at 120. But that chance of a mistake being survivable is much larger.

Getting a ticket is the least of my worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                One of the problems about going fast is that the bike is lying to you. It feels stable as all hell when going in a straight line, but as soon as you need to immediately change direction/speed - then the lie is revealed. If you arent aware of your limitations, or have rationalized it out ahead of time, you're marked before you even twist the throttle.

I know my max before I even sit on the seat. Will that alone keep me alive? No - I can die just as easily at 20mph as I can at 120. But that chance of a mistake being survivable is much larger.

Getting a ticket is the least of my worries.
                Excellent post. I remember when I rode a little faster back in my youth, at some speeds you really have to focus as far as you can see in advance. I have had my share of close calls but never while running from the police. If you are gonna run you really need to focus on riding and the road ahead and not what is behind you. I think thats what happens a lot of times is guys are busy looking in their mirrors and focused on the wrong thing. It is sad this guy lost his life but it doesnt change the fact that he was running from the police for not a damn thing but to not get a ticket or maybeee go to jail. He might have been there for what, an hour or two until he bonded out? Not worth it guys.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Copper thief fries and dies = pages of jokes and downtalking.

rider runs from a ticket and dies = time to feel sorry bro.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    Copper thief fries and dies = pages of jokes and downtalking.

rider runs from a ticket and dies = time to feel sorry bro.
                    When Magnus dies pages of hilarity will ensue

Comment

Working...
                    X