Repairing wrecked bike few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing wrecked bike few questions

Found a wrecked 06 cbr1000 that I want to take my time just mess around and rebuild it was nothing major just few body components but apparantly it hit the edge of something really hard on the subframe and it will need to be replaced for sure.

I was looking online and they are sold but isnt the vin number on that frame, if I replaced it wouldn't I have to do something like go to dmv and do something so the bike can be insured?

you can replace the subframe with no problems..

Comment

isn't that where the vin is? If i'm getting insurance wouldn't they verify that the bike is the bike

Comment

no...you can swap out the subframe with no title/insurance issues.

Comment

What he ^^^^ said.
          Vin is stamped on the neck of the main frame. under the top triple clamp, the sub-frame doesn't have a vin # on it. So like dsrtuckteezy said no title/insurance or vin issue.
          And on ins. I've had full coverage on all my bikes and the 5 or so I've owned here the ins. never even required me to come in.
          2 Chronicles 7:14
          If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

sounds like it was a good deal
            have a great time man rebuilding, should be pretty easy overall

Comment

Have fun. They're great bikes. I'm a little biased though. Lol
              -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

They have some good looking fairing kits on eBay for them. Most actually fit pretty well too.
                HD Parts
                paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

check out nicecycle.com for some fairing kits too, I have never heard anything bad about them.

Comment

Working...
                  X