Off road LED's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off road LED's

Where is everyone getting them? Looking to put some on a gator.

Thanks,
    Sean

I make my own.

Comment

ebay is likely the cheapest

Comment

I've got a set of Model 30s mounted on my bike. They aren't 4x4 specific but they are DAMN bright.
        2004 Suzuki DL650
        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
          I make my own.

How much does that save? Maybe I'll look into doing that instead.

Comment

Not much if any at all but the output can't be touched. That light makes 9k lumen.

Comment

The power draw you get for the amount of light you throw out is also pretty low.

The set of Model 30s I have on my bike draw about 20 watts for the set. Compared to a set of 55 watt driving lights that appear to put out less light and consume 110 watts. On most automotive apps that's not a big deal but on my bike I've only got 400 watts of output to play with.
              2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I've used LED's before but never in an offroad setting. They will be going on a gator for ranch use, feed cattle, hauling stuff etc. Also want to do a spotlight for varmint hunting, we have a 2 mil candle power that runs off of the battery but I want to switch it all to LED. You still need to run a transistor with these correct?

Comment

?? If there's one in there it's built into the units that I have.
                  2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I make my own.

What would you charge for a set?
                    2 Chronicles 7:14
                    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Man I would rather show / tell you how than charge anything. It's a lot of work to be honest and unless you just like fucking with shit a LOT I would say just buy something. I can't price it to make it worth it to you. I am working on a 24" light bar right now that puts out 32,000 lumen.

Here is a vid of the light in the pic that's doing 9k lumen.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBaJjcxPvo4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Comment

I make my own.

have you got a parts list?
                        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

I would like to see a parts list as well. This would work great around the ranch. Where do you source your parts?
                          The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

Thats part of the problem, I get this stuff from all over the place. The housings are just an old pair of KC slim light housings. All the internals were made by me to fit inside it. The part that holds the LED's is aluminum that I turned down on a lathe to fit inside. The led's and reflectors come out of Australia, the wire is some real nice but small gauge wire that can carry some crazy current for its size and i get it on a website dedicated to lasers. The drivers are custom made by a guy on a flashlight website that I go to. The glass is borosilicate with anti reflective coating on both sides and comes from a guy on ebay that is on the other side of the world. Its kind of a hodge podge of shit.

Comment

Thats part of the problem, I get this stuff from all over the place. The housings are just an old pair of KC slim light housings. All the internals were made by me to fit inside it. The part that holds the LED's is aluminum that I turned down on a lathe to fit inside. The led's and reflectors come out of Australia, the wire is some real nice but small gauge wire that can carry some crazy current for its size and i get it on a website dedicated to lasers. The drivers are custom made by a guy on a flashlight website that I go to. The glass is borosilicate with anti reflective coating on both sides and comes from a guy on ebay that is on the other side of the world. Its kind of a hodge podge of shit.
                              Sounds easy, I'll give you $50 per light.

J/K that's more involved than I would like to get, but I appreciate your input.

Comment

Working...
                              X