No announcement yet.

Tire reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have these Cooper Discoverer ATP's on the Explorer and they've served me well.

Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        No sand dunes in my future, good lookin' out though!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          Not seeing them on Discount (direct or normal), where did you get yours?

Hmm.. Looking at Toyo's site, I'm not sure they make them in my size.
          I got my Toyos at Discount Tire n a 35x12.5x20.

Price is definitely good on those, but I really want deeper, wider lugs. Maybe the "trails"...

Terra:

Trail:
          You said earlier that you didn't want a mud tire, but it sounds like you do. The Trail Grapplers and the tires you put in the OP are mud tires. Deeper, wider lugs - that's a mud tire. But if you're like me, you won't use them for mud. Most do well on rocks, and are just more aggressive all the way around.

I've heard mixed reviews on the Nittos, as in they may not last as long as some others. But we have testimony in this very thread that they last a long time, so you just never know. We put Terra Grapplers on Tiff's 4Runner, and they are fine on the highway. We probably have 30k miles on them, and still lots of tread. We've never taken them offroad, though, so I can't say how good they perform there.

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          I like the Toyo M/Ts. I'm on my 3rd set. Durable, but heavy tire. Most are E rated, although I think my 37s are D rated...I'll have to look. If you keep up with the rotations and your alignment stays within spec, the tire drone stays at a minimum. 4Wheel Parts carries them.
          I keep mine balanced and rotated, and also keep the alignment right. While they aren't as loud as a lot of other mud tires, they are a little loud for me as compared to the ATs. I guess that's just to be expected. They also wandered just a tad when they were new, but not noticeable anymore. The internet is full of stories of them pulling to the right, but I haven't had that problem. I really can't get over how long the tread has lasted.

Here is the Open Country Xtreme AT2 I was talking about earlier.

Very aggressive, but still an All-Terrain. Tread life is supposed to be better than their normal AT or the MT, and I would guess they are a little quieter than the MT. That's definitely my next set of tires for the F250.
          Last edited by jluv; 09-22-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            You said earlier that you didn't want a mud tire, but it sounds like you do.
            Very true. I'd prefer something in the middle, but there aren't many options I'm finding that fit that. So yeah, I will likely end up with MTs.

You know very well what types of terrain I will be in up there. I figure the MT tread will probably be my best bet to give the bite I need. Especially when it's wet out.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              I got my Toyos at Discount Tire n a 35x12.5x20.
              Hmm.. Not seeing any Toyos on either of Discount's sites. Wonder if they stopped carrying them.

BTW, I am looking for 285-70-17. Slightly smaller than 33" x 11.5". Probably can't do any bigger / wider than that without a lift.

I'd like to throw a lift on it, and 35's, but not worth the money to me right now.

Comment

Ya, Discount may have stopped carrying them. Strange.

Comment

Yeah, those highways are getting pretty haggard around here, better get the loudest fucking tire on the planet, the mud grappler.
                  Super Swamper Bogger.

It's like driving a four engine prop plane down the highway. I just remember at night, coming up I45 from Houston, and everyone at the rest stops staring, trying to figure out what the hell was coming up the highway.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Super Swamper Bogger.

It's like driving a four engine prop plane down the highway. I just remember at night, coming up I45 from Houston, and everyone at the rest stops staring, trying to figure out what the hell was coming up the highway.
                    i had some on mt cj5 for a bit. I wore earplugs driving it.

I think the mud grapplers might be just as loud.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

We have the hankook muds on my wife's 4 door jeep w 3" lift 295/75/16 . Noise and wander seems similar to the bfg km2 I have on my Tacoma although I'd say the hankooks ride a little more rough but that could be suspension differences. About 15k miles and so far have worn evenly and stayed in balance. I would have put them on my Tacoma but they didn't have the size I wanted.
                      Justin

Comment

Yeah, those highways are getting pretty haggard around here, better get the loudest fucking tire on the planet, the mud grappler.
                        lol I have the Mud Grappler's on my truck and they are pretty loud.
                        '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                        '13 Dodge Cummins
                        '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I've ran the terra grapplers and the toyo open country AT. I liked the toyo better all around.

Comment

I love my Toyo AT2 extremes!
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Besides Discount Tire, what is a good place to buy that has comparable prices and service?

Other than one off side deals, I have only ever used them since their price is usually competitive and service is usually great. But apparently they don't have the Toyos.

In fact, the only other place I have bought tires (brick and mortar chain) is Les Schwab up in Portland. And that was just because they are all my dad has ever used.

Edit: A place with pricing visible online is preferable. And I would rather it be a place that will install. Don't really want to mess with mail order.
                              Last edited by Chili; 06-05-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Besides Discount Tire, what is a good place to buy that has comparable prices and service?

Other than one off side deals, I have only ever used them since their price is usually competitive and service is usually great. But apparently they don't have the Toyos.

In fact, the only other place I have bought tires (brick and mortar chain) is Les Schwab up in Portland. And that was just because they are all my dad has ever used.

Edit: A place with pricing visible online is preferable. And I would rather it be a place that will install. Don't really want to mess with mail order.
                                Ive used NTB, mostly because I opened a charge card with them and it's 0% for 6 or 12 months, depending on the dollar amount. They have been pretty competitive on price as well, usually willing to throw a bit of a discount to make the sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X