Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel the need to buy a quality knife... what do you guys carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel the need to buy a quality knife... what do you guys carry?

I've been stocking up with goodies to make my offshore life as ergonomically efficient, safe, comfortable, and now that includes getting a quality folding knife. I've never had anything fancier than a 30 dollar Smith and Wesson folding knife that I bought at Academy.. sharp blade at first, but the edge goes to shit after cutting a few nylon ropes, opening a few boxes, etc... fairly light duty stuff.

So I have been on a few websites looking at what makes a quality knife as far as blade material, locking mechanisms, hardness, etc.. and am looking at stuff in the 90-130 dollar range.

A typical workday might have me cutting some ropes to length, opening boxes of spares, or thick shipping plastic off of assemblies, cutting through Densyl Tape from hydraulic fittings / cartridges, stripping insulation from electrical cables...

I've been looking at these... probably the fanciest and maybe a bit outrageous, but I keep landing on it. I at least like the style and the blade shape...

We create innovative, top quality knives and tools by working with the world’s leading knife designers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=jWzo_Ikvh0g

Any suggestions from you guys that carry a decent folding knife?

Benchmade 9050t.

Comment

Oops, didn't see your price range. I have no input as I only have benchmades, I had a few cheaper gerbers but they don't hold their edge well enough for me

Comment

butterfly lover here
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          butterfly lover here
          As in the style? Or brand..? I wanna keep it legal of course in all ways. On the vessel who cares but wanna make sure not to violate even the smallest weapon related law... since I am a convict and all, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            Oops, didn't see your price range. I have no input as I only have benchmades, I had a few cheaper gerbers but they don't hold their edge well enough for me
            Damn, those are nice.. I mean, I got that kind of cash... but I'd rather spend it on a home theater system

Comment

I switch between a Benchmade and a Sypderco, depending on the style of jeans I'm wearing. Love them both, the Sypderco holds one of the best edges I've been able to get on a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                As in the style? Or brand..? I wanna keep it legal of course in all ways. On the vessel who cares but wanna make sure not to violate even the smallest weapon related law... since I am a convict and all, lol...
                brand:

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Spydercos look pretty cool.. I'll see what I can get into for my price range and promise only to blow my budget for about 60 bucks or so if I see something really cool..

Comment

CRKT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I used to carry nothing but Spyderco's but recently I've switched over to carrying Benchmade's and in particular, the Griptilian.

I own both a full size Griptilian and a Mini Griptilian and I've put custom scales on both of them as the plastic ones really make the knife feel cheap. But they are solid knives and I really like the Axis lock on them.

And a really good knife for the money is a Spyderco Tenacious.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        I used to carry nothing but Spyderco's but recently I've switched over to carrying Benchmade's and in particular, the Griptilian.

I own both a full size Griptilian and a Mini Griptilian and I've put custom scales on both of them as the plastic ones really make the knife feel cheap. But they are solid knives and I really like the Axis lock on them.

And a really good knife for the money is a Spyderco Tenacious.
                        I don't remember the name of my Spyderco, it looks like that one but with a different locking mechanism. It's similar to the benchmade Axis without the spring assist. The blade is also a bit larger than that one. Love the hell out of it.

Comment

Try not to be a fanboy too much. But with bench maid I can't help it. I do like my cold steel and my spiderco. But benchmaid is my favorite.

My Spyderco paramilitary2 awesome knife.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Am I finally going to have to disable sigs because of a cow fucker?

Comment

Boker, go to BladeHQ.com they are cheap. I have 2 of them and love them both.

Comment

Working...
                              X