Brush Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brush Scratches

I went fishing a few weeks ago with a few buddys and the trail we had to go down was a little narrow. Now i have brush scratches down both sides of my truck. Whats a good product i can use to get the scratches out. There not deep scratches and i cant feel them with my fingernail so im hoping i can get the scratches out on my own.
    2007 Silverado CC
    1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

I would say that you need to have the sides buffed. I have done a few trucks like this and useally they need sanded in a few spots to make them look new again.

Comment

Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
      I went fishing a few weeks ago with a few buddys and the trail we had to go down was a little narrow. Now i have brush scratches down both sides of my truck. Whats a good product i can use to get the scratches out. There not deep scratches and i cant feel them with my fingernail so im hoping i can get the scratches out on my own.
      Do you have at least a DA to conduct the work?

Comment

Don't need a da just some 1500 and 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
          Don't need a da just some 1500 and 2000.
          I was implying trying to polish them out first.

I'm not sure how you do things, but I always try to go with least aggressive method first.

Comment

Originally posted by BadCompanyVPWS6 View Post
            Do you have at least a DA to conduct the work?
            Ya Brian i will have a DA to do this with. What product would you recomend i get? Im gonna start on this tonight.
            2007 Silverado CC
            1970 Mustang Coupe

Comment

A yellow wool buffer pad on a buffer with some 3M (#6085) compound and it should get most of the scratches. Anything thats deeper and doesnt come out, like Sdun mentioned, 1500 grit and above and you should be OK...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Ya Brian i will have a DA to do this with. What product would you recomend i get? Im gonna start on this tonight.
                For over the counter stuff (not sure if you have access or do have detailer grade products) you can pick up Ultimate Compound (Meguiars) from Autozone coupled with an orange foamed pad.

Comment

For over the counter stuff (not sure if you have access or do have detailer grade products) you can pick up Ultimate Compound (Meguiars) from Autozone coupled with an orange foamed pad.
                  thanks bro. If i cant get the scratches out im just gonna call you and go from there lol. never been big into detailing so we will see how this goes.
                  2007 Silverado CC
                  1970 Mustang Coupe

Comment

thanks bro. If i cant get the scratches out im just gonna call you and go from there lol. never been big into detailing so we will see how this goes.
                    The ultimate compound works great for being OTC and consumers. Just give me a call/pm if it doesn't work out.

Comment

I'm a painter not a detailer. I would hit it with a white foam pad (or yellow wool maby whit wool) and some Production pink or 3m purple and if that didn't work I would da it w/ 1500 trizac followed with 3000 trizac and back to the buffer. The problem with sanding it is you will need to "blend" the texture because where the scratches are you will take out nearly all of the texture.

I was implying trying to polish them out first.

I'm not sure how you do things, but I always try to go with least aggressive method first.

Comment

Working...
                      X