Cleaning paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning paint

Long story, but I removed all of the interior doors in my house when I first bought it and resprayed them with a bright white latex paint with a Wagner sprayer back behind my house. Somehow I got some light oversray on my dark blue truck. There are visible tiny white specs. Can anyone recommend something that would remove these without damaging the paint?

Clay Bar will do it.
    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Cool. Being latex you'd think it'd just come off with a good wash, but NOPE!

Comment

yeah sounds like clay bar should probably take care of it. seems to me like the blue magic one is sticker than meguiars. i dunno if that makes a difference or not though

Cobra #340 Mystichrome #73

Comment

I prefer clay magic to Meguiars. I use both, but I grab that one first most times.

Comment

Originally posted by BadCompanyVPWS6 View Post
            I prefer clay magic to Meguiars. I use both, but I grab that one first most times.
            is it clay magic, not blue magic?

Comment

They make them in different grades, more or less agressive. The least will not useally require buffing after use and the most will. Go to the paint store and talk to them about what you want to do and they will recomend one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaison View Post
                is it clay magic, not blue magic?

Comment

I've used Megs for awhile now, never tried clay magic but have heard good things... Any real difference?
                  Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by BadCompanyVPWS6 View Post

Comment

I choose the Mother's clay bar over the Meguiars. The Meguiars smears on the car even if using lots of quick detail spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                        Long story, but I removed all of the interior doors in my house when I first bought it and resprayed them with a bright white latex paint with a Wagner sprayer back behind my house. Somehow I got some light oversray on my dark blue truck. There are visible tiny white specs. Can anyone recommend something that would remove these without damaging the paint?
                        Hopefully you didn't leave it on too long. Katrina drove my car to work and they were painting the parking garage, got some splatter off the paint roller onto my car.

little blurry but, paint splatter....

and after washing the car, splatter marks etched into the paint...

Originally posted by EW View Post
                        I choose the Mother's clay bar over the Meguiars. The Meguiars smears on the car even if using lots of quick detail spray.

x2...I would've liked to have never gotten that clay off the car....what a PITA
                        --Marcus

Comment

Call Nick's Detailing, ask for the Eskimo Brother discount

Comment

I've actually been considering having Nick do it. I've had the truck for over 4 years and it's probably been washed less than 10 times. It could use a good detail inside and out. The good news is it'll be paid off in 10 more payments!

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            Call Nick's Detailing, ask for the Eskimo Brother discount

Comment

Nice, I need to take mine to John and get the hail damage fixed, but I'm right there with ya, just less than a year to pay it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X