Get ready for them $3.00 gas prices!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    State and Federal Taxes, Regulation from Federal, State, local municipalities. We certainly aren’t in short supply on a national or global scale. On a serious note with all things considered from ground to gas tank what it takes, we’re fortunate gas isn’t $50 a gallon.
    Hearing the price of gas in some of the European countries definitely helps put things in perspective.

Comment

On a serious note with all things considered from ground to gas tank what it takes, we’re fortunate gas isn’t $50 a gallon.
      I'm sure technology has changed, but is it more of a challenge? I've heard this repeatedly, but not sure what to believe especially when fuel prices tripled within a few weeks after Katrina and never really returned to what they were before even though the excuse was made regarding how many off shore rigs were heavily damaged, supply/demand issues, etc... and "it would take time for things to stabilize..." I've also read roughneck cocksuckers posting how we should all feel guilty for lower gas prices because it's taking taking food off the table and bro dozers out of the driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        I'm sure technology has changed, but is it more of a challenge? I've heard this repeatedly, but not sure what to believe especially when fuel prices tripled within a few weeks after Katrina and never really returned to what they were before even though the excuse was made regarding how many off shore rigs were heavily damaged, supply/demand issues, etc... and "it would take time for things to stabilize..." I've also read roughneck cocksuckers posting how we should all feel guilty for lower gas prices because it's taking taking food off the table and bro dozers out of the driveway.
        Unconventional plays are more expensive to drill and produce for the most part and drilling complexity has gone up quite a bit.

I have no clue about the mid and downstream side costs. I cant imagine refining has gotten cheaper though.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Technology has changed and improved but also at an added cost yes. Labor rates are at an all time high and that gets passed on. My company drills for Natural gas so I’m kind of in a similar cost structure but my commodity trades lower. However offshore and most Oil operations are way more daily costs then what I’ll see. I procure equipment and services so I see these costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            You're going to have to explain this for those of us that love America and only buy domestic.
            if they could make a domestic that can pull and be as reliable as my Titan I would own it.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
              why is it that when gas prices go up they make big jumps but when they go down they only go down a penny at a time?
              Expanding on this...
              Pump prices are based on wholesale/rack prices from the producers. When there's a market disruption and the rack price increases the station owner needs to raise his price quickly because it's going to cost him more to refill his tank tomorrow or next week - it's a cash flow management thing. But when rack prices fall it's pure capitalism. They're making more margin, but so are the competitors across the corner. They'll all drop a penny here and there to capture more business, but they're not going to give up margin if there's no downward pressure from other sellers.

It's not a "big oil" thing, it's a station owner thing. (Granted, some stations are owned by major producers, but definitely not all, there are a ton of independents)

Comment

if they could make a domestic that can pull and be as reliable as my Titan I would own it.
                The titan is one of the least reliable trucks out there though...

How much are you pulling?!

Comment

this got a chuckle out of me

Comment

I doubt you'll find any 1/2 ton that will pull better than an ecoboost F150, but even the 5.7L ram and 5.3L chevy will out tow the Titan.

Comment

Fun fact: The Toyota Tundra is made up of 73.5% of USA Made parts, designed in Newport Beach, California, engineered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, its engine is built in Huntsville, Alabama and then the final assembly takes place at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing facility in San Antonio, Texas

I love my Domestic truck...and its been documented to easily hit 250,000 miles.

One went 1,000,000 with original engine/trans

Comment

Technology has changed and improved but also at an added cost yes. Labor rates are at an all time high and that gets passed on. My company drills for Natural gas so I’m kind of in a similar cost structure but my commodity trades lower. However offshore and most Oil operations are way more daily costs then what I’ll see. I procure equipment and services so I see these costs.
                        Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                          I doubt you'll find any 1/2 ton that will pull better than an ecoboost F150, but even the 5.7L ram and 5.3L chevy will out tow the Titan.
                          I call a big fat BS on the 5.3 I got one and it's a fat lazy slut that barely gets out of its own way. I don't know if it's all on that motor I think it's the fact that it's paired up with the pos 4l60e I'd like to put an 80 in it with a 6.0 but I'll wait until one of them give up the ghost

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            The titan is one of the least reliable trucks out there though...

How much are you pulling?!
                            I have almost 200k on my Titan and it has yet to give me a problem knock on wood. It has one of the boats hooked to it 75% of the time going up mountains that my 5.3 silverado drops down to 40 going up. with my Titan it never drops below 65 going up. boats are a Lowe FM 165 and a 21ft center console

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                              Fun fact: The Toyota Tundra is made up of 73.5% of USA Made parts, designed in Newport Beach, California, engineered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, its engine is built in Huntsville, Alabama and then the final assembly takes place at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing facility in San Antonio, Texas

I dig the yotas

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post

And the profits from building it go right on over to those Pearl Harbor bombing sons a bitches in Tokyo.
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X