DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > The Garage > The Racing Lounge > Corner Carving

Corner Carving Road Racing, AutoX, Karting

Old 05-14-2018, 06:59 PM   #21
aggie97
A local track addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Good luck man, but most of all have fun! Many of us dream about doing the one lap. You are doing it! Is there a website where we can track your progress?
Well, we are back. Corvette ended up spewing oil and coolant at the first track event and spent 30 hours trying to get that fixed. Ended up towing it back home and was going to grab our SRT8 charger or my scat pack challenger to finish the event after skipping High Plains in Denver and rejoining at Cresson. That was going to require several hours of prep time we didn't have and ended up trading the SRT8 Charger for an identical 2018 Hellcat Charger and finished the event with HUGE moronic smiles on our faces. Won the unofficial "fan favorite hoonery" award and got home late last night. May end up with an article on us in a Dodge Blog/magazine and link in Hotrod magazine too.

Put 3200 miles on the Hellcat in 5 days and I must say the car generates numbers that boggle the mind for something that weighs 4900# with driver. For instance, at NOLA Motorsports Park, I matched the top speed on the front straight of a 2012 Lambo Gallardo 570-4 Superleggera on what is effectively a MUCH shorter straight given a slower entry speed and a longer braking zone. Terminal velocity was 148 mph and getting it woahed up on all season Pirelli's was eventful for sure! Rest of the event involved lots of tire smoke and stupidity which turned a bushel full of lemons into some sweet lemonade with some good whiskey in it!

Plans to return with the vette are already underway but there will be FAR more testing involved this time instead of just 4 laps....I really want to strangle a couple of suppliers who cost me about 3 weeks build time. Ugh.
aggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:47 AM   #22
quikag
Lifer

Man, didn’t know that was you in the brand new Hellcat. Went out to watch for a few hours at Cresson and chuckled at the 2018 Hellcat with dealer tags running One Lap. My buddy, Andi, who has a Hellcat too talked to you for a minute, I believe.

Cool beans! It’s on my bucket list to run One Lap someday.
quikag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #23
aggie97
A local track addict!

ended up with some press about our story of adversity and how we overcame it with 1st world problem solving!

https://www.dodgegarage.com/article/...s-the-day.html
Old 05-17-2018, 10:33 PM   #24
AnthonyS
Lifer

Sounds like you had a lot of fun in spite of some rough luck. Iím surprised the FRC wasnít more cooperative. It makes me feel a bit better about my choice to go 5.0 Miata for kicks.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:01 AM   #25
aggie97
A local track addict!

Quote:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun in spite of some rough luck. Iím surprised the FRC wasnít more cooperative. It makes me feel a bit better about my choice to go 5.0 Miata for kicks.
Itís an issue with LS engines at high rpm and high oil temps. Simple fix but have to engineer a better Pcv system and didnít have parts on the road. Car is fast as hell for two laps but need it fast for 4 laps and not leaking oil and coolant.

With a bit more sorting we will settle some unfinished business.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #26
AnthonyS
Lifer

I get it. The LT5 in my ZR has similar concerns. I’d rather try my 996 on track IMS be damned.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:18 AM   #27
aggie97
A local track addict!

Quote:
I get it. The LT5 in my ZR has similar concerns. Iíd rather try my 996 on track IMS be damned.
We are going to sell our 996. Did the ims with the LN retrofit. Car only has 34k miles on it and we need to thin the fleet. Know anyone looking?
Old 05-18-2018, 02:09 PM   #28
Blandnuts
Time Served

Cool story.

Would the Porsche not be a good contender?
Blandnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #29
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97 View Post
We are going to sell our 996. Did the ims with the LN retrofit. Car only has 34k miles on it and we need to thin the fleet. Know anyone looking?
Lots of people on Rennlist claim to be looking. Itís a tire kickers market though. I will keep my ears open at local PCA events. Thatís serious low miles. Any cool options? Colors? I know it was a real buyers market for them and still is but 34k mikes will appeal to many if priced competitively. I may sell my ZR, storing all these cars is hard.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:15 PM   #30
aggie97
A local track addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandnuts View Post
Cool story.

Would the Porsche not be a good contender?
Not nearly enough power. Base Carrera and would need a GT3 or turbo GT2 to be at the front.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:11 PM   #31
Aceman85turbo
Lifer

Send a message via AIM to Aceman85turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
I have been in a magazine but I have never tried to race one.

A vette purchase is in my near future and would like the input of people who know more about them than I do.
I may be mostly a forum lurker but if its one thing i know for SURE,

NOBODY knows more about corvettes than you
Aceman85turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:47 PM   #32
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97 View Post
Not nearly enough power. Base Carrera and would need a GT3 or turbo GT2 to be at the front.
The Carrera and GT3 are great cars but for power start with a turbo. If money is no object get a 2018 GT2 and call it good. That car shredded the Ďring.

Tags
svo=50 laps