No announcement yet.

Best 6.5 Creedmore HUNTING rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For bolt action I don't think you can beat the Tikka. They make all different variants and calibers. I had mine bore sighted and then when i took it to the field I had to make very little tweaks as the groups were amazing, The thing shoots smooth and accurate as can be. Very easy to clean and remove the bolt as well.

Comment

Tikka is a nice rifle. I've been using a Sako 30-06 for hunting the last 6 years and it has been an excellent rifle, I've always heard that the Tikkas get the barrels that don't make the cut for Sako, but still shoot really good.

Comment

I use a Sako in 7mm Mag, I love it.

Comment

Trip - I ended up with a tikka t3 300 win mag and a browning x-bolt 7mm rem mag on this. Didn’t realize you suggested the 7mm until looking back at the old thread. I’ve got the 7 mm decked out with a leupold v3xi. Haven’t messed with the tikka yet. You seem to be the man on hunting combos.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
            Trip - I ended up with a tikka t3 300 win mag and a browning x-bolt 7mm rem mag on this. Didn’t realize you suggested the 7mm until looking back at the old thread. I’ve got the 7 mm decked out with a leupold v3xi. Haven’t messed with the tikka yet. You seem to be the man on hunting combos.
            Nice! Yeah I love my Tikka. It's a little potent for white tail here, but I bought it because it's a versatile game gun and when I go out west it's perfect for the hilltop hunting there. The last buck I shot this past season I took at around 275, so I like those long shots. 7Mag is perfect for that style. I look at hunting guns like tools, they make so many but they all serve a specific purpose for different game. I know it's easier to find a rifle that suits many different types of game or hunts, but then you have to dial them in all different. I don't hunt that way. Usually I will hunt the mornings and evenings sitting and waiting for the long shot, but if I go in the woods with thick brush to do a drive I bring my 30/30 lever action for the 25-50 yard through the brush shot.

Comment

Working...
            X