DSArms.com $330.00 .300 BLK upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    I have read a lot of reviews on the Noveske 8" .300 barrel. Most sites list it for $346 with low pro gas block, add a $100 upper, $135+/- and handguard of your choice. The problem is you can sink literally hundreds in handguards alone but it can be done for around $550.

I have plenty of handguard options laying around the garage, a spare BCG or two, plenty of lowers to build upon and just mike start a .300 pistol - future SBR build. I am looking for a barrel now and will pick up an upper at the gun show next weekend.
    Best AR .300 barrels made. I want the 8" barrel badly.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
      Best AR .300 barrels made. I want the 8" barrel badly.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ive heard those dcm barrels are top notch. Im considering jumping on the waiting list to find out for myself.

Comment

Ive heard those dcm barrels are top notch. Im considering jumping on the waiting list to find out for myself.
          how long is the waiting list?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

In stock if you are willing to pony up $346

Rainier Arms specializes in high-end AR15 parts, AR15 accessories, AR15 grips, AR15 stocks, AR15 uppers, AR15 lowers, AR15 barrels and much more...

8″ 300 AAC BLACKOUT Stainless Barrel

■1 in 8″ twist rifling
            ■300 AAC BLACKOUT chamber
            ■Extended feed ramps
            ■Bead blasted finish
            ■Pistol length gas system
            ■Gas tube
            ■Pinned Low Profile Gas Block
            ■5⁄8×24 threads
            ■Medium Contour
            ■Weight: 1 lbs 1oz w/ Gas Block

The Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT is NOT designed to cycle the action with subsonic ammunition unless a silencer is attached.

The barrel ships with gas block installed. This barrel is designed for our gas block that is 1″ long(INCLUDED). A standard front sight base is 1.9″ long and WILL NOT FIT. Barrel installation should be performed by a qualified gunsmith. Installation of the gas block dowel pin and gas block is required to complete the assembly process.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              how long is the waiting list?
              4 months as of the last time I talked to him.

Comment

4 months as of the last time I talked to him.
                not bad at all really. Considering your SBR paperwork is going to take just as long.

Comment

not bad at all really. Considering your SBR paperwork is going to take just as long.
                  After waiting 8 months for a yet to be delivered holster, I'm a little gun shy about buying something that doesn't yet exist.

Comment

After waiting 8 months for a yet to be delivered holster, I'm a little gun shy about buying something that doesn't yet exist.
                    My willingness to tolerate risk ends with 3x the price.

Comment

My willingness to tolerate risk ends with 3x the price.
                      Double the price, but includes a glass block. The noveske is probably more accurate, but an 8" barrel isn't where I'm that worried about it.

Comment

Double the price, but includes a glass block. The noveske is probably more accurate, but an 8" barrel isn't where I'm that worried about it.
                        Their gas block is a waste of money. You need an adjustable block on a .300 if you want a semi auto with subsonic ammo/supersonic capability.

Comment

Their gas block is a waste of money. You need an adjustable block on a .300 if you want a semi auto with subsonic ammo/supersonic capability.
                          LOL, jesus christ man. Not everyone wants to shoot every different kind of ammo their rifle could possibly take. It's INCLUDED. So you can turn around and sell that bitch, make a necklace, melt it with a torch. Really doesn't matter, but at least it's a quality part that's included. Lots of guys have had good luck with the noveske running sub/suppressed and supersonic with no mods.

Comment

With that said, if this upper were a pistol length gas system, I'd buy one and have it cut down for a low buck SBR. If the barrel sucked, I'd be out almost nothing.

Comment

LOL, jesus christ man. Not everyone wants to shoot every different kind of ammo their rifle could possibly take. It's INCLUDED. So you can turn around and sell that bitch, make a necklace, melt it with a torch. Really doesn't matter, but at least it's a quality part that's included. Lots of guys have had good luck with the noveske running sub/suppressed and supersonic with no mods.
                              It's just overpriced, no barrel that length is worth the money they are asking. My 24" Sabre barrel wasn't much more, and that's 24 inches of the best stainless super bench barrel you can buy. They are just pricing themselves to meet the demand. The Delta barrels are reasonably priced, that's what they are really worth.

As far as an SBR, you could waste $1,000 on the platinum fancy snake oil barrel or some cheap model1 crap and it would shoot the same without even a marginal difference.

With that said, if this upper were a pistol length gas system, I'd buy one and have it cut down for a low buck SBR. If the barrel sucked, I'd be out almost nothing.
                              Yes, pistol length is the key for subsonic reliability.
                              Last edited by CJ; 12-26-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I just picked up this 9" complete .300blkout upper at the gun show from Model 1 Sales. If you want one they have them for $490 complete with BCG and charging handle. Go ahead and just buy the pistol buffer tube assy. to keep you from being in violation of constructive intent. You can always sell it after you get your SBR stamp.

It is a pistol gas system with two gas blocks ($45ea if you bought sep), one is being used simply as a stop for the front handguard retaining plate. I might sell them both later or use on another build.

The plan is to, along with CJ and his build, get a gas piston kit to fit under a rail.

With some handguard ideas sitting next to it.
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X