• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
    05 miata super light with a motor swap.
    Sweet, I might have to give that car a try

Comment

• Letting completely out of the throttle results in a guaranteed loss.

What trap speeds are y'all getting? I'm getting to 166.

Comment

• I think im at 162

Comment

• How light are the fastest Truenos and what kind of power are they making?
          My Miata is 1877 lbs and has 397hp 328tq. Mathematically speaking I shouldn't be getting walked this hard in the last half. I can get out ahead, but get left in the dust after cleanly getting into 3rd.
          My Trueno weighs 1890 and makes 398hp 375 tq.

Comment

• what forza is everyone running? 3? 4? i have 2 and i liked it other than its so hard to drive fast. i expected it to feel like gran turismo but it seems like cars are much more sensitive to tuning on forza. are the later versions more forgiving?
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• If I swap to the other motors I can't make the same power. I don't see how folks could be running faster with less power.

Comment

• The benchmark numbers say my Miata gets to 100 mph 3 seconds faster than my Trueno. What gives?

Comment

Fuck yeah! A 16.766 in the 1/2 mile with a different car than a Trueno.

If I can figure out how to keep from frying the tires off going into 2nd then I should be able to shave off a few tenths.
                  I looked into swapping my clutch to the left trigger, but that causes my gas to move to a button, leaving no throttle modulation to keep from blowing off the tires.
                  you don't need throttle modulation when you have clutch modulation...keeping clutch in while hammering down on the A button and letting out slowly to get the car going without spinning...I haven't even tried it yet but I'm sure its hard and requires a lot of practice
                  2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                    what forza is everyone running? 3? 4? i have 2 and i liked it other than its so hard to drive fast. i expected it to feel like gran turismo but it seems like cars are much more sensitive to tuning on forza. are the later versions more forgiving?
                    Forza is not forgiving at all. You can't just keep the hammer down and hit walls around corners. You have to feather the throttle around corners, drop gears, control your joysticks and not kill the brakes on every turn.
                    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

• Something is screwy with the leaderboard. It lists a Trueno in every top spot, including my run in the Mazda. There is a dude in 147th place with a Mazda that ran 16.299. The Mazdas stick out due to their higher performance index.

Comment

• Damn I wish I was at home

Comment

• "we're out of BBQ folks...GTFO" lol

Comment

• Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
                            Forza is not forgiving at all. You can't just keep the hammer down and hit walls around corners. You have to feather the throttle around corners, drop gears, control your joysticks and not kill the brakes on every turn.
                            I get that and was pretty good at GT which I thought was supposed to be a simulator like Forza. When I tried Forza all the cars seem to understeer and you can never get enough tire under the car for it to hook up. Racing tires under a stock mustang and the thing still plows through corners and lights em up with a little throttle. I guess to me its too touchy. I was just hoping this was an issue with #2 and maybe 3 or 4 was a little less sensitive.
                            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Letting completely out of the throttle results in a guaranteed loss.

What trap speeds are y'all getting? I'm getting to 166.
                              166-168

Depends on the run

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

How light are the fastest Truenos and what kind of power are they making?
                                My Miata is 1877 lbs and has 397hp 328tq. Mathematically speaking I shouldn't be getting walked this hard in the last half. I can get out ahead, but get left in the dust after cleanly getting into 3rd.
                                My Trueno weighs 1890 and makes 398hp 375 tq.
                                Ok looking at my info, 395 hp, 336tq, weighs 1898.

With this setup I gotten it to a 16.36. Alot of messing with the gears and launching
                                Im going to give the miata a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X