Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help installing driver for second monitor in dual monitor setup (matching resolution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help installing driver for second monitor in dual monitor setup (matching resolution)

I'm not sure if the title showed my complete lack of knowledge in this area but I am having issues setting up a dual monitor PC at work.

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 620 with two Samsung S24B240 monitors. We have an upgraded video card that supports dual monitors.

The problem that I am having is that the primary monitor (connected through HDMI) is recognized as a Samsung monitor when I look at the display settings and is at 1920*1080 resolution. The second monitor (connected by VGA) is only recognized by "Display device on:VGA" when I look at the same menu.

I have tried reinstalling the driver but it is only recognized by the first monitor. When I go to advanced settings/monitor the option boxes are greyed out and unavailable for editing. What can I do to make my computer recognize that the second monitor is the same as the primary and in turn can be set at the same 1920*1080 resolution?

Thanks.
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

I don't think it would be a driver problem. My guess would be that the card doesn't like the two different types of input being used.(HDMI/VGA). I would almost bet that if you had both monitors hooked up VGA or both HDMI, they would work together.

Comment

I got the driver set up so now it recognizes the monitor as something other than generic but to see it at 1920x1080 resolution it had to be interlaced so I bumped it down to 1600x900 @60hz.

Is there any way to get high res/non interlaced?
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

I do not believe an analog VGA connection can produce a 1920x1080 picture.
        QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

take a picture of the back of your computer and the connection for the monitor you are having and post them up in here, maybe there is something we are missing.
          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
            I do not believe an analog VGA connection can produce a 1920x1080 picture.
            I've got two 24" Dell monitors running at work one VGA, and one DVI and both display 1920x1080 without any issues.

Comment

Working...
            X