X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build party date thread

UPDATED POST June 13th.

I am going to set the date for July 8th. 1500-1900

We are gonna do this pot luck style, bringing something is not a requirement but if you are gonna bring food post it up so we will know what not to have on hand. We will have a grill but it is a 4 burner about 30" wide. Keep that in mind.

Bring your parts, your builds, your unique stuff, or modified pieces. There will be plenty of tools and people to assist if you are new

Think of it as a man's tuperware party but women welcome.

For the address, send me a PM. If you are a newish member or have a low post count you will need to be vouched for by one of the more frequent posters here. Sorry it is just that way.

I got an okay from my wife to host another AR15 build party. I propose the following dates.
    July 7 (afternoon & evening), 8 (afternoon & evening)
    July 14 (afternoon & evening), 15 (afternoon & evening)

At my place again (Haslet), outdoor grill food, table and bench space to assemble whatever you want, beer/booze allowed after the guns are put away.

Post up if you might be interested and other comments.
    Last edited by KBScobravert; 07-06-2012, 03:06 PM.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

No preference here. I work the 7th (but I can take off), so if we do the 8th I could smoke a brisket at work the day before. Other than that, I have no input.

Thanks for offering up, and thank your wife in advance for putting up with us.

Comment

I can't do those. Dang.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Heck, I'd like to attend this if it's cool with you. The only day I have to work is the 7th.

Comment

All of them work! I gotta work the 7 and 8 but I got plenty of "sick" time! LOL
          92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            I can't do those. Dang.
            Look man, you just need to call off on the day of the GTG. That is all there is to it. This will be number 3. Time for you to buy the rest of the AR10 parts and for us to finish putting that thing together.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              Look man, you just need to call off on the day of the GTG. That is all there is to it. This will be number 3. Time for you to buy the rest of the AR10 parts and for us to finish putting that thing together.
              That one's getting done in October. For now, I'm trying to get your buddy Chuck Ross on the phone, and get a lower from the last group buy finished out.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Guys, since there are guns involved and my house of course, this will be invite/address through PM only. Once we settle on a date I will go through the thread and PM the address and directions. If you don't get a PM in the end, understand that I am not going to let just anyone and everyone know where I live.

Of the last 3 GTG's I have hosted, I don't think anyone got left out that asked to come though. Maybe 2 posters at the second build party, but only cause they seemed like shifty people anyway.

Comment

I vote July 15th.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I vote for the 15th as well....gives me time to order my upper and butt stock.

One question though...what all is needed to assemble a gun? Will there be community tools? Sorry for asking, but I've never built one.

Comment

Guys, since there are guns involved and my house of course, this will be invite/address through PM only. Once we settle on a date I will go through the thread and PM the address and directions. If you don't get a PM in the end, understand that I am not going to let just anyone and everyone know where I live.

Of the last 3 GTG's I have hosted, I don't think anyone got left out that asked to come though. Maybe 2 posters at the second build party, but only cause they seemed like shifty people anyway.
                      Understandable, guess I should've asked if it were open or private invite only.

Comment

Any of those dates/times work for me, Keith. Not building anything presently, but I can bring some supplies/tools.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          I vote for the 15th as well....gives me time to order my upper and butt stock.

One question though...what all is needed to assemble a gun? Will there be community tools? Sorry for asking, but I've never built one.
                          I will bring everything necessary. All you need to assemble an AR15 is a hammer. You can even do it without punches.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

but only cause they seemed like shifty people anyway.
                            Well damn, I guess I'm out.

Comment

Totally understood. You cannot be too carefull. If I get to go we'll have our work cutout for us! I'm ordering parts now! Piece by piece!! HAHAHA
                              Last edited by bobs94formula; 06-04-2012, 10:08 PM.
                              92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X