120hz Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120hz Monitors

Since i've moved from amd gpu's to nvidia, i've noticed they don't play well with my previous eyefinity monitor setup. I've been debating to basically get rid of the eyefinity/surround monitor setup and get a 120hz/144hz monitor as a secondary (and occasionally game on a 1080p screen). I hear a lot of good things about them, but i've never used one in person.

Does anyone here have one? Which one? Pros/Cons?

Wait, what? Calendar marked, Tony moved to the dark side Feb 2013.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Wait, what? Calendar marked, Tony moved to the dark side Feb 2013.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
      Couldn't find 7970's locally, I'll say this. Before I bought my 680's I bought three 7950's but returned them due o the cooler design.

Comment

bumping an old thread.

I ended up ordering one of these ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor as I got a decent deal on it. Should arrive Wednesday new in box. One of my biggest concerns is going from 1600p to 1080p and from IPS to TN, not really looking forward to that. So I will need to do some re-arranging on my desk to get both monitors to fit. It was really an impulse buy and with the lightboost hack out, I figure i'll give it a shoot and say I tried it and resale it if I don't love it.

I get about 90~130 fps @ 1600p in BF3 so I think I should have zero issues getting 144fps @ 1080p.

Buy ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920 x 1080 1ms (GTG) 144Hz DVI-D HDMI DisplayPort Built-in Speakers Asus Eye Care with Ultra Low-Blue Light & Flicker-Free Backlit LED NVIDIA 3D Gaming Monitor with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

did you sell your old eyefinity setup yet?
          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
            did you sell your old eyefinity setup yet?
            I moved it to another pc last night, but its not going to stay I just wanted them off the floor and out of my closet. They were three Dell 2007FP's, I ran them in portrait with bezel corrected resolution of 3900x1600.

I'd sell them super cheap so I could get a single led 24inch monitor for the PC that they are used on now.

Comment

Yep I did the same thing, went Nvidia and not crazy about my eyefinity setup now. I tried selling my old card and monitors but no bites. Still want to ditch the 3 Asus monitors for a single nice monitor. May wait for 4k but I don't know how well they will work on pc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                Yep I did the same thing, went Nvidia and not crazy about my eyefinity setup now. I tried selling my old card and monitors but no bites. Still want to ditch the 3 Asus monitors for a single nice monitor. May wait for 4k but I don't know how well they will work on pc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
                So far I haven't seen a single 4k screen that will run off one connector, most i've seen run two dual link dvi cables and windows sees it as two monitors. I wouldn't mind trying out one of those 2560x1080p monitors, but I would rather just get a u2711 or similar.

Comment

Just got it this evening, pretty impressed. Actually very fucking impressed. It is smoother than shit @ 144hz with lightboost hack.

Comment

Working...
                  X