Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    What are the issues with the bodyguard?
    The trigger is so bad on those guns I wouldn't ever recommend anyone buying one. S&W had to release a memo asking customer to stop returning them for warranty repair, the trigger was as designed. People thought they were broken. I've tested two of the triggers on my gauge, and it maxed my gauge out past 18lbs.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      The trigger is so bad on those guns I wouldn't ever recommend anyone buying one. S&W had to release a memo asking customer to stop returning them for warranty repair, the trigger was as designed. People thought they were broken. I've tested two of the triggers on my gauge, and it maxed my gauge out past 18lbs.
      are you supposed to hit people with them instead of shooting?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

S&W is fixing the triggers and making them marginally better (from useless to shit pull), but it seems they are less willing to do it as of late.

Finally got my BG380. Very excited & loving this gun until I put the first shots through it. Something must be wrong. The trigger pull is soooo long. As in pulling with all my might, trigger pulle

Here is a thread about the common problems. You'll see on that first page like 10 people that have similar problems. Summary is it just isn't a very good gun. There are better guns for the money.
        Last edited by CJ; 01-14-2014, 04:36 PM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Also the S&W bodyguard 380 has issues with breaking firing pins

My bodyguard was working so well I bought another for my son EAV####. Within an hour of owning, oiling and tuning it up and dry firing to loosen the trigger the firing pin snapped. Dealer sent it back

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            are you supposed to hit people with them instead of shooting?
            You're supposed to work through the full Captains of Crush grip set before you fire them. It's the last line in the manual, and it's printed in white.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
              Also the S&W bodyguard 380 has issues with breaking firing pins
              probably from the trigger releasing 5,000ftlbs of mechanical energy stored in it's 52lb trigger. The only people I know that rave about the bodyguard are people who don't know any better/havent had the opportunity to try a trigger on an LCP or the like.

Comment

See, Ive owned several Taurus pistols that didnt have any problems, and yet Smithy cant get that right?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

See, Ive owned several Taurus pistols that didnt have any problems, and yet Smithy cant get that right?
                  My thoughts exactly.

Comment

The bodyguard trigger is 18lbs? Jesus, I though 13lbs was crazy on my AUG.
                    Originally posted by Marisa
                    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                      The bodyguard trigger is 18lbs? Jesus, I though 13lbs was crazy on my AUG.
                      Oh no, it's over 18bs. I've seen two that way. I'm sure there are others with less pull, but the consensus is many of them are terrible. And now we're hearing about firing pin problems, it just isn't a very good gun, look elsewhere in my opinion. Many other options.

Comment

All you really need to know is that the GLOCK is both the best and worst pistol in the history of firearms.
                        That's my line!

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        This guys.... he gets it.
                        Yep.

?.. Now some of those Raven .25's are not that bad, hell most of them work just fine for thugs.
                        Ravens can get bullets to defy physics!!! I've never seen any other pistol that shoots bullets that take 90* turns right out of the barrel. They aren't kidding when they say to use it you have to press the barrel against what you're shooting!
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

With a few exceptions, I'm pretty disappointed with the offerings of Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, and DPMS since their buyouts. There are some really troubling stories of Cost Accounting/Lean Manufacturing practices run amok, to the tune of really stupid problems, like Marlin firing all its veteran lever action machinists & assemblers, and moving the tooling into the Remington 700 plant, and expecting those guys to just be able to jump right into making lever guns. DPMS has had some guns hit the market with incomplete rifling, and the dirty rumor is that their LPK's aren't fully hardened anymore, just nitrided on the interface surfaces, so that's amusing. A lot of Remington and Bushmaster AR stuff is made in the DPMS plant now, so they've got some quality issues carried over from that, too. While we're at it, I don't like Mossberg either. Their shotguns are clunky as fuck, and rougher than a corn cob, and they don't last for all the extra bulk they throw in. It's nice that they don't cheat you out of any extra material, but they could at least put all the steel they use in the right places, and their guns might run worth a fuck. Apart from their barrels, their rifles suck, and they shouldn't even be in the rifle game, in my opinion. If I wanted a really good barrel surrounded by a shitty gun, I'd get a Stevens 200, and save at least that many dollars. Then at least, a little lapping compound would be all it would need to make it right. Mossberg should stick to making shotguns, and make better ones. I'm probably pickier than I need to be, but guns that don't run, or even don't feel good, don't stay in my collection, and I've owned something from just about every big firm in my life.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Para warthog. Piece of shit

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                              Para anything. Piece of shit
                              Fixed

Comment

and glocks suck.
                                Bullshit, Glocks are money.

Comment