Charity and why I don't believe in it anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity and why I don't believe in it anymore

I simply do not believe in charity anymore.

If I see you standing on the corner holding a Hooter's cup, your hat, your disabled veteran sign, or you don't speak a word of English or Espanol and approach me with your hand written note with your sad no money story on it, FUCK YOU.

Every time I get paid, I fork over 25% of everything I make so you can get Foodstamps, Section 8 housing, Tax credits, food at food banks, free cell phones (look it up if you don't believe this), free clinics, free food for your kids at school (so they can learn your non work ethic), and now Obamacare!

I already give you more than you deserve.

Then to add insult to injury I pay sales tax, gas tax, automobile registration, insurance (I pay more because you have none), I pay for your free lawyer (public defendants), and I get to pay a slew of other taxes.

To top it all off I also pay into Medicare and Social Security, none of which I personally will ever see because you free loaders have bankrupt my entire country. The worthless start getting social security and medicare right away though even though they never contributed. Sweet huh?

Fuck you and your hats and cups. Go get jobs or you can starve for all I care.

I even pay taxes to bury your worthless no contributing asses when you die.

If you worthless no account types piss me off anymore, I may just quit my job then you'll really be fucked.

I'm sick of supporting freeloaders. This is America. This country was founded by hard working independent people. Become one or die for all I care.

Oh yes, and have a nice day too .

Yep, that sums it up for me.
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Comment

asshole... lol J/k I feel the same way!
      Last edited by mustangguy289; 11-16-2010, 10:21 PM.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I don't give money to bums anymore. Back in North Carolina you couldn't go to a gas station/ATM/Wal Mart without having Leroy or Billy-Bob ask you for money for a cab. I had one POS ask me for cab money with a 12 pack under his arm.
        De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

I give money to the north texas food bank. I'm pretty sure that is not a rip off.

I once saw a guy standing on the corner with a sign saying he was hungry and needed money for food. He was also just across the street from a liquor store. So, as an expiriment, I circled back to the mcdonalds i had just passed, and picked up a burger and fries.

When i stopped - the guy ran over, pretty excited. When i handed him the food, he was less than excited. I think i saw him tossing the bag as i drove off. It confirmed what i thought. He wanted money, not food.

Frankly, if his sign had said that he wanted money for beer I would have had more respect.

Out here in san diego the begging is off the chart. There will often be 4 different people working each corner of an intersection. Same people, every day.

I no longer feel any compulsion to help, other than my food bank contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
            I give money to the north texas food bank. I'm pretty sure that is not a rip off.

I once saw a guy standing on the corner with a sign saying he was hungry and needed money for food. He was also just across the street from a liquor store. So, as an expiriment, I circled back to the mcdonalds i had just passed, and picked up a burger and fries.

When i stopped - the guy ran over, pretty excited. When i handed him the food, he was less than excited. I think i saw him tossing the bag as i drove off. It confirmed what i thought. He wanted money, not food.

Frankly, if his sign had said that he wanted money for beer I would have had more respect.

Out here in san diego the begging is off the chart. There will often be 4 different people working each corner of an intersection. Same people, every day.

I no longer feel any compulsion to help, other than my food bank contribution.
            NTFB is an outstanding organization. Did some demo research about them and for them in the spring. They really are in it as a mission and not a money deal.

Comment

I have never given money to bums, but I still give to charity orgs.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

At the taco bell drive through the other day I got asked, "would you like to donate a dollar to x charity".

I mean seriously, I can't even place a drive through order without getting asked for donations?
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

The feelin' is mutual...my wife is the exact opposite, it drives me nuts! I've had my ups and downs but never asked for handouts. Just grinded it out til a better oppurtunity presented itself.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    At the taco bell drive through the other day I got asked, "would you like to donate a dollar to x charity".

I mean seriously, I can't even place a drive through order without getting asked for donations?
                    It's that time of the year. Just yesterday: my grocer, McDonalds, and CVS all asked for donations. I asked each one if they realized there was a recession and that we had Hitler in office...then gave them their dollar.

Comment

yup yup, fuck 'em... I gave at the office
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I pick organizations for charity. i.e. AL and other Veterans organizations are good. I won't put money straight into the hands of a bum that says he was a vet.

I would put money straight into the hands of a homeless person, that was a vet regardless of what they'd do with it. However, it is impossible to tell the truth from fiction on that front.

Either way, other organizations I tend to avoid except ACS. Oh and SPCA and a few others.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

We give to select mission trips throughout the world, but only if wwe have detailed knowledge of the people and operations. We give locally to the NTFB, Wounded Warriors and certain programs through the church. We stock up the Texas Baptist Home for Children in Waxahachie and the wife and kids do a weekly delivery route for Meals on Wheels.

I firmly believe in helping others who can't help themselves. I believe in being my brothers' keeper, but don't be a riff-raff and try to get more or try to take shit from me. I'll then put my foot up my "brothers" ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            I firmly believe in helping others who can't help themselves. I believe in being my brothers' keeper, but don't be a riff-raff and try to get more or try to take shit from me. I'll then put my foot up my "brothers" ass.
                            Sad part is people take advantage of churches that are doing the right thing too. Always scum out there, but there are plenty of poor kids of all backgrounds that appreciate the help too.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have a problem giving to people on the street for the same reasons outlined here. But I feel that doesn't excuse me from giving to charity. To me charity is something that gives a hand UP, not a hand out. For instance we give to an orphanage in Zambia that saves kids and eventually turns them into productive adults. We are also looking into doing more with Habitat for Humanity and some other church based charities.

But there are some times when a beggar gets my attention. I'm thinking about carrying around McDonalds gift cards for those times. I will never hand over cash. That is just enabling them to no face their problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X