Carry revolvers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dee View Post
    The sp101 is one I had forgot about. It might be a option as well. I've always been drawn to smith revolvers as I have always had good luck with them. I might kick it around for a little longer. I just haven't really found anything that I really like for carry right now. I just keep falling back on my 1911's as I have carried them for so long tgey are just natural to me.
    I have an SP101, they are heavy little bastards.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

How does it work? Headspace off the case mouth?
      Not to be pedantic but just about any revolver can fire a rimless cartridge of the same caliber, extraction is the problem.

Blackhawks, 625, Model 25, etc. all can fire rimless variants no problem. The cartridges headspace on the chamber step.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Not to be pedantic but just about any revolver can fire a rimless cartridge of the same caliber, extraction is the problem.

Blackhawks, 625, Model 25, etc. all can fire rimless variants no problem.
        True lol. I was just assuming it was a swing out cylinder design giving the carry related topic and thinking of a quick reload perspective.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Yeah, that's one of the advantages with moon clips. I have a 9mm cylinder for my smith but I've never used it. I personally enjoy the offerings with the revolver cartridges and never saw the need for a rimless cartridge revolver, but if you're buying ammo, it makes perfect sense to consolidate.

Some guys like the Smith 610, 10mm, then you bore the cylinder for 10mm magnum, but I can't get on board. 41 mag beats 10mm badly and is right on par with 10mm magnum, without the crazy hard to find and load 10mm mag case.

Comment

i generally carry a s&w model 60 with a shaved hammer. taurus makes some pretty decent snub noses too.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Yeah, that's one of the advantages with moon clips. I have a 9mm cylinder for my smith but I've never used it. I personally enjoy the offerings with the revolver cartridges and never saw the need for a rimless cartridge revolver, but if you're buying ammo, it makes perfect sense to consolidate.

Some guys like the Smith 610, 10mm, then you bore the cylinder for 10mm magnum, but I can't get on board. 41 mag beats 10mm badly and is right on par with 10mm magnum, without the crazy hard to find and load 10mm mag case.
              If I thought I could conceal a N frame I'd already have another 41.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                i generally carry a s&w model 60 with a shaved hammer. taurus makes some pretty decent snub noses too.
                I don't see a Tarus of any kind in my future. I've never been very impressed with their qc.

Comment

If I thought I could conceal a N frame I'd already have another 41.
                  Concealment holsters exist for them.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    Concealment holsters exist for them.
                    My frame won't really allow. My dad gas a 2.5" M29 that I tried and they are just too bulky unless it's winter maybe.

Comment

My frame won't really allow. My dad gas a 2.5" M29 that I tried and they are just too bulky unless it's winter maybe.
                      I see.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I have a 642 Pro that's a no lock model and cut for moon clips from the factory. I bought it a few years back from CTD for $330 before they pissed everybody off with ripoff prices on scare items.

My only complaint was that the trigger was very heavy at about 15 lbs from the factory. That's fairly typical for double action only carry revolvers, but it was pretty hard to shoot accurately and wasn't to my liking.

I installed the Apex Tactical trigger spring kit and polished up the internals and the trigger pull was below 10 lbs and very smooth, but I had issues with light primer strikes.

I swapped out the Apex stuff for Wilson Combat springs and it's heavier at 12 lbs but still smooth and much easier to shoot accurately than it was from the factory. I've put several hundred rounds through it like this now with no issues.

As far as I know you can still buy no lock models. Here is one from Bud's.
                        Smith & Wesson J-Frame revolvers have had your back since 1950. These small revolvers were designed to fire a full power round and are as simple and easy to use as th

That Korth 9mm that was mentioned looks pretty damn sweet. At $1000 MSRP, it's way more money than the other options discussed here, but as Korths go it's pretty cheap.
                        The Korth Sky Marshall may be the single most innovative 9mm revolver on the market. And I'm not talking about the exterior of the gun. This is one rimless revolver that doesn't require moon clips, or anything extra. Check it out.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I have a 442 and a lcr. I like carrying the lcr more but the j frame seems to be of higher quality in my unprofessional opinion.

Can't go wrong with either though.

Comment

Working...
                          X