Stay off GB tollway when it rains.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay off GB tollway when it rains.

The new surface they've laid between DNT and 35E is slicker than goose shit when it's wet. Even when going 40mph in a straight line, not in the gas, my ass-end was all over the road this morning. High pucker-factor for sure.

You must be talking about the new black top they are laying down there, I drove thru it on Sunday afternoon coming back from my FILs house in Arlington, it was super smooth and no more dips, of course it was dry...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Yep, nice a smooth when dry, downright dangerous when it's raining. I drive in the rain at speed all the time, so it's a combination of that new blacktop, and lack of drainage in that section specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Yep, nice a smooth when dry, downright dangerous when it's raining. I drive in the rain at speed all the time, so it's a combination of that new blacktop, and lack of drainage in that section specifically.
        Yeah, I noticed it was brand new and they still are working on it to make another lane, thanks for the heads up, I'll have to be careful if I'm in the Stang going through there in the rain...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Too much asphalt in the mix.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

2/3 speed try it. It tastes better than concrete walls

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
              2/3 speed try it. It tastes better than concrete walls
              40mph is probably nearly exactly 2/3 of the speed limit,which is what he claimed to be driving
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                40mph is probably nearly exactly 2/3 of the speed limit,which is what he claimed to be driving
                Probably nearly exactly you say?!?!

Comment

No mention of what tires or what condition they are in?

Comment

Brand new Aquatreds.

Comment

You mean that new section they layed down after tearing up the old shit that was perfectly fine?

Whole thing is a fucking joke
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        You mean that new section they layed down after tearing up the old shit that was perfectly fine?

That's going on everywhere. Kaufman county is tearing up and redoing roads that are barely 2 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post

Gotta justify keeping the NTTA afloat somehow.
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                            That's going on everywhere. Kaufman county is tearing up and redoing roads that are barely 2 years old.
                            This whole 'use it or lose it' mentality in the gov't needs to stop. Municipalities also need to do a better job at forecasting growth and listening to the public.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                              This whole 'use it or lose it' mentality in the gov't needs to stop. Municipalities also need to do a better job at forecasting growth and listening to the public.
                              I 100 percent agree with that shit. Also, don't take it out or cut back if it is an expense you may need, roll it into savings or something. If you don't use it for two or three years in a row, take it out. Just like the city I worked at that added all of these spots for growth at one point. When the big crash happened and we lost like 16 Officer positions, those idiots had absolutely no intention of losing brass. We had a supervisor for every 1.5 employees which caused other issues, this is why I pissed a few people off over there. Plus all those lazy bastards worked out and figured out what they were going to eat for lunch while we were shagging calls. I actively fought against a position, for myself at one point, because I thought it would make a city top heavy at that point.
                              Last edited by kingjason; 10-31-2019, 09:03 AM.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X